Prompt #28

Prompt: Hmmm, not very good at these, but if you want, you could do one where DImitri's going on vacation and he asks Theo to go with him? :)

A.N.- Um, so, I'm sorry if I dedicated this to the wrong person .__. I had the prompt saved on my iPod and I deleted it before I checked who sent it (it's buried in my message board), so I'm reallyyy sorry if I have to wrong username, but I'm like 90% sure I have it right? .__. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Mr. Ivanov let me into the house and led me thorugh to the kitchen. The house was messy, which was rare since usually Dimitri’s mom kept it nice and clean.

                “Dimitri’s in his room,” Mr. Ivanov said with a smile.

                “Alright, thank you,” I said and left, heading upstairs. I went down the hallway and let myself into Dimitri’s bedroom.

                I raised an eyebrow. His room was an explosion of colors, since his clothes were thrown everywhere. Hugo was fighting to untangle himself from a pile of jeans.

                I went over and helped the cat get free. Hugo hissed at the jeans before jumping off of Dimitri’s bed.

                “Little Theodore! Thank you for saving my precious Hugo,” Dimitri said, standing up from where he had been kneeling on the floor.

                “What the hell is going on?” I asked in confusion. “Why is your whole house messy?”

                “It always gets this way when we start to pack,” he said with a dramatic sigh.

                “Pack?” I asked. “Why are you packing? Where are you going?”

                “Why, on vacation of course! We leave in two days. Oh, right, I meant to ask you about that. Darling, would you care to accompany us on our vacation? You would just need to bring food money and money for anything you’d like to buy,” he said. “And the food money is just you decide to sneak out for a snack. My mother and father are quite insistent on paying for guests.”

                “You’re telling me with two days until you leave?” I said in annoyance.

                “It was a last minute vacation decision, hence the extremely chaotic packing,” he said, gesturing at his room.

                “I’ll ask my dad tonight, but he’ll want to talk to your parents,” I said.

                “Understandable. Aleksandra will be bringing along her friend as well,” he said, smirking in that way that only the thought of tormenting his sister could bring about.

                “You’re a nightmare,” I groaned.

                “I’m your nightmare,” he corrected, standing up and coming over to me. He pulled me into his arms and kissed me.

                “Where are you even going? Russia?” I asked.

                He shook his head, chuckling. “No, we go to Russia in the summertime. We’ll be going down to North Carolina at a house on the beach.”

                “I guess it sounds like fun,” I said with a shrug.

                “So you’ll come?” he asked, his eyes lighting up.

                “If my parents let me,” I said.

                “I shall have my father call your father at once!” he said, disappearing out of his bedroom.

                I sat on his bed and Hugo darted into my lap, looking around in terror at all the colorful clothes. I stroked the cat’s fur, wondering if this was a form of animal cruelty.

                Dimitri came back to his bedroom a few minutes later. “Ah, my cat has betrayed me once again, this time stealing my little Theodore. Hugo, you traitor.”

                “Meow,” the cat replied.

                “I know you dislike my fabulous wardrobe being thrown about the room, but that is no reason to steal my boyfriend from me,” Dimitri said sternly, coming over and lifting Hugo into his arms.

                “Meow.” Hugo pawed at Dimitri’s face before licking his cheek.

                “I forgive you too dear,” he said and set the cat down on top of his pillow after brushing a pile of clothes off of it. The cat laid down, looking content for the moment in his safe spot.

                “My father is currently on the phone with your parents,” Dimitri said and kissed me, sitting next to me.

                “Alright. It’ll be fun,” I said thoughtfully. I hadn’t been on a vacation in a while.

                “It’ll be a glorious experience!” Dimitri said brightly.

                Mr. Ivanov came into the room a little while later, once I had helped Dimitri pack away some of his clothes. He smiled at me and nodded.

                “Your parents are alright with you coming with us. Stay for dinner tonight and we’ll give you all the details,” he said.

                “Thanks,” I said gratefully.

                “No problem! But the only catch is that you boys will be in charge of watching Galen if he wants to go in the ocean when my wife and I are busy,” he said. “He’s not allowed in the water by himself.”

                “Not a problem father dearest,” Dimitri said, waving his hand dismissively.

                “Please help him pack, Theo. If he doesn’t get this room cleaned up I’m pretty sure Hugo is going to die of anxiety,” Mr. Ivanov said with a sigh before leaving the room.

                “Cat killer,” I said to Dimitri.

                “I would never,” he cried, looking appalled. “I love that cat more than I love you!”  

                “Jerk!” I punched his arm.

                He chuckled and tackled me onto a pile of clothes, his arms around me. “I’m just kidding. The only thing I love more than you is Tarzan,” he said and kissed me. “Which we will be watching on vacation, by the way.”

                “Vacation with you is going to be interesting,” I said with a sigh, but I smiled at the thought and kissed him again.