Prompt #55

Prompt- Could you do one where Theo accidentally breaks Dimitri's Tarzan DVD and is trying to hide it from him until he can get a new one?

----------------------------

​"I apologize for the mess," Dimitri said as I came into his bedroom.

​"Wow," I said. "This is almost impressive."

​There were colored pencils and paper scattered all over the floor. Glitter was everywhere, and a few Disney DVDs were lying on the floor.

​"I was doing some Disney related artwork. I didn't realize how messy I was being," Dimitri said. "Just watch where you step, I suppose."

​Hugo meowed and hopped up on Dimitri's bed. He was also covered in glitter, but he didn't seem to mind.

​"My fabulous cat," Dimitri said fondly.

​"So what are we supposed to do in your room when it's this messy?" I asked.

​"We shall find something, I'm sure. Perhaps we can watch a movie together," Dimitri suggested, always one for simple dates.

​I shrugged. "Yea, sure. Tarzan?"

​"Tarzan!" Dimitri said excitedly.

​"Calm down," I said, laughing and kissing him. "Can you make us popcorn? I feel like snacking."

​"I shall go make the popcorn, my darling! You may relax here while I do so," he said, kissing my cheek before leaving his room.

​I sat on the bed, looking around his room. I felt something brush against me and jumped up.

​"Hugo!" I said, brushing glitter off my shirt. "Don't do that! You're covered in glitter!"

​But the cat simply meowed and moved forward to rub against me again. Not wanting to get glitter on myself, I hastily backed up.

​I froze as I stepped on something and heard a sharp cracking noise. I closed my eyes, because I could tell I was currently stepping on one of his movies.

​"Please don't be Tarzan," I whispered. "Please don't be Tarzan. Please, god, don't let it be Tarzan." I slowly opened my eyes and looked down.

​Of course it was Tarzan. Why would it be any other freaking movie?

​I hastily picked the cracked case up and opened in. The DVD itself was cracked into three pieces.

​"Oh no," I groaned, shoving it in my bag. "Oh no. Okay, I just have to buy him a new one before he notices! Yea, that's all!"

​I bit my lip nervously. Oh god. Dimitri was going to break up with me if he found out I broke his copy of Tarzan.

​"Little Theodore?"

​I jumped and spun around. "Let's watch The Lion King instead!"

​"Hm? Why not Tarzan?" he asked.

​"Uh...I'm in the mood for The Lion King," I said nervously. "Come on! I'll put the movie in!"

​I shoved Dimitri onto his bed and put The Lion King in. I cuddled with Dimitri to make sure that he wouldn't get up in the middle of the movie. I just had to go out and buy a new copy tonight, that was all. Then I could replace it tomorrow, and Dimitri would never even have to know!

​​​​​​***

​I walked into Dimitri's room, the new copy of Tarzan hiding in my backpack. He was searching around his room with a frown.

​"What's wrong?" I asked.

​"I am unable to locate my copy of Tarzan. I am positive it was on the floor yesterday!" he said, pushing aside papers to search more. "I've checked my room three times already. Galen dear says he didn't take it, either."

​"Oh...I'll help you look! But can you get me a drink?" I said. I needed him to leave the room.

​Dimitri nodded and stood up, leaving his bedroom. I hastily pulled the new DVD out of my bag and knelt on the floor.

​Dimitri came back a minute later with two water bottles. I stood up, holding out the movie.

​"It fell under your nightstand, idiot," I said.

​Dimitri came over, setting the water bottles down. He took the DVD from me, inspecting it. He raised an eyebrow at me, grabbing my bag.

​"Hey!" I whined. "What are you doing?!"

​Dimitri reached into my bag and pulled out his broken copy of Tarzan. "Little Theodore, how did this happen?"

​"I stepped on it," I said miserably. "How did you know that wasn't your copy?!"

​He pointed at the back of it. "Little Theodore, you left the price sticker on it."

​I blushed. "Oh shit. Okay, sometimes I don't think things through. You should know that considering the fact that I'm dating you!"

​To my surprise, he chuckled. "You could've just told me you stepped on it. My mother has my original VHS copy of it saved."

​"Wait, you're not mad?" I asked.

​Dimitri laughed again and shook his head. "Not at all, darling. I'm sure it was a mistake, yes? As long as my original copy is in good condition, I can always buy a new DVD version."

​He hugged me, kissing me. "But thank you for purchasing me a new copy. Let us watch it together!"

​"Yea, sure," I said with a sigh. Well, at least he wasn't mad. I gave him a little smile. His face lit up as he put the movie in, pulling me down with him and cuddling me as we began to watch it.