Prompt #15

Prompt: Can u do a prompt about when Galan and Dimitri get into this big fight over a test Dimitri is trying to help Galan with?

A.N.- I know you said a big fight, but I just couldn't stand to make them get into too big of a fight :c But I hope you like this :c

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “Dimmy, can we take a break?” I asked.

                “Can you tell me why we don’t all speak Chinese?” Dimitri asked.

                “No,” I said.

                “Then no, we can’t take a break,” Dimitri said.

                We were sitting in Dimitri’s old bedroom, which I had moved into when Dimitri and Theo moved into an apartment together. I was lying on my bed, my hands folded behind my head. Dimitri was sitting on the floor, leaning against my dresser, a notebook in his lap.

                I had asked him to help me study for my big History test tomorrow because I knew he was super smart. He had agreed, and had come over to help me out. But we had been studying for two hours straight, and I wanted a break before my brain exploded.

                “Dimitri, I want to take a break,” I said.

                “And I want my Theodore to stop hating me, but we don’t always get what we want, dear,” Dimitri said calmly. “Besides, this information is painfully simple.”

                I shot him a glare. “Maybe for you. You’re smart in this kind of stuff.”

                “I’m an artist,” he reminded. “History was one of my better subjects, but not my best.”

                “You were smart at almost everything,” I said, feeling frustrated. Dimitri didn’t seem to understand that not everyone was as smart as he was. I was only 17. What the hell did I care about Chinese dynasties?

                “You’re intelligent too, my wonderful baby brother,” he said, his gaze lingering on the notes as he tried to think of more questions.

                “Don’t call me that,” I said in irritation. “I’m not your baby brother. I’m 17.”

                “Oh, someone is looking to pick a fight,” Dimitri said with a grin. “Dear, you’re 10 years younger than me. You’re my baby brother, like it or not.”

                “Can you just shut up and leave me alone? I’m done studying,” I said. I was stressed out since I had a lot of tests this week. I had been spending most nights studying instead of sleeping. I was hitting the breaking point in my stress levels.

                “No, we’re studying,” Dimitri said. “Moving on to imperialism. Ah, let’s focus on Russia, shall we?” 

                “I’m done studying,” I said flatly.

                “Oh, you’re cranky,” Dimitri said, chuckling.

                “Leave me alone,” I said, gesturing at my door. I was done here.

                Dimitri sighed. “We’re studying, Galen. At this rate, you’re going to fail.”

                “Do you have to be an ass about it?” I said, shooting a glare at him. “I’m not as smart as you. I get it. You don’t have to rub it in.”

                “I’m not rubbing anything in,” Dimitri said, patience in his voice. “I’m stating a fact. History is clearly not one of your strong points. Not, let’s study a little, shall we?”

                “No,” I said, glaring harder. “Get out.”

                “I’m not getting out. You’re going to study,” he said, a little sternness to his voice.

                I liked to cling the image of the brother Dimitri had been when I was growing up. But sometimes, like now, I was painfully reminded of the fact that he wasn’t a teenager anymore. Dimitri was 27. He was a married, working adult. Sure, he was still fun most of the time. But he also had to be mature at times. Times like these were the ones I hated. Stern Dimitri was something I hated.

                “You’re not my dad,” I said.

                “No, but I am your big brother. You’re studying,” he said.

                “I studied for two hours,” I argued.

                “I don’t care. You can study for two more. You can study until you know enough not to fail,” Dimitri said, crossing his arms. “Stop complaining. You’re not a child.”

                I rolled over, because he wasn’t even acting like Dimitri anymore. “Go away.”

                He stood up and came over, forcing me to sit up. “Stop that, Galen. You’re acting like a small child. It’s undesirable.”

                “I don’t want to study!” I yelled.

                “I don’t care!” he yelled back.

                I shrank away from him and he frowned. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, messing it up.

                “I’m truly sorry,” he said. “I didn’t mean to yell at you.”

                “You never yell at me,” I mumbled, dropping my gaze.

                “I understand that you’re stressed. But you don’t want to fail,” he said, his voice a lot gentler.

                “I don’t want to study anymore. My head hurts,” I said.

                He put an arm around me. “Let’s take a break for a little. Maybe watch Tarzan,” he offered with a smile.

                “I’m sorry I was such a brat,” I said, dropping my head. “I didn’t mean to start a fight with you. Well, I guess I did mean to. But I didn’t…you know…mean to.”

                “I didn’t mean to…you know…yell at you,” he said with a smile. “Now, Tarzan, dear?”

                “Yea,” I said with a small smile. God, I hated fighting with my brother.