Prompt #39

Prompt: Can you do another prompt with Sasha, like Christmas morning

A.N.- Another prompt from the one where Theo and Dimitri adopt a daughter (just to avoid confusion XD)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “Good night Sasha,” I said, kissing her forehead.

                She grabbed my arm, looking at me curiously. “Santa?”

                “Santa is coming,” I promised her with a smile.

                Sasha had never celebrated Christmas before, so Dimitri and I had explained Santa to her, and told her that he had never come to her old house because she had never written him a letter. So we let her go through a ton of toy books and told her to circle anything she wanted, and we’d send it to Santa for her so that he would come this year.

                “Did he get my letter?” she asked.

                I nodded. “I’m sure he did!”

                She smiled a little and released my arm. I tucked her in and kissed her again before leaving her bedroom and going down to the living room.

                Dimitri was a mess of tape and bows, and I didn’t even want to know how he got so many bows stuck to the back of his shirt.

                “I’m not even going to ask,” I said, sitting down and grabbing the wrapping paper to help him.

                “I fell in the box of bows. Avenge me, my Theodore!” he said.

                “I’ll avenge you when we’re done wrapping Sasha’s presents,” I said.

                “You wound me here,” he said, dramatically slapping a hand over his heart.

                I leaned over, kissing him. “Get wrapping.”

                We spent the next few hours wrapping her presents and setting them under the tree. When we were done, I sleepily followed Dimitri up to our bedroom and collapsed into bed next to him after stripping down to my boxers.

                Dimitri stripped down to his boxers and crawled in next to me, wrapping his arms around me and holding me against himself. He kissed me and grinned.

                “I have a Christmas present for you, Theodore,” he said.

                “I’m exhausted,” I groaned.

                “I’ll wake you up,” he promised, gripping my boxers and kissing me again.

                                                                                                ***

                I cracked my eyes open and jumped in surprise. Sasha was standing at the foot of our bed, looking shy and excited all at once.

                “Do you think he came?” she asked nervously.

                I shook Dimitri and he sat up sleepily. “Hm? Ah, good morning sweetheart! Merry Christmas!”

                “Santa,” she said, twirling her hair around her finger. “Do you think he came?”

                “I’m sure he did,” I said, rubbing my eyes and smiling at her. “Can you give us a minute, Sasha? Go wait at the top of the stairs and we’ll be right there!”

                She nodded eagerly and left the room. I got out of bed and pulled on clothes. Dimitri copied me and came over, kissing me.

                “Shall we?” he said, gesturing at the door.

                I grabbed the video camera and Dimitri grabbed the camera. We went out, and sure enough, Sasha was sitting on the top step obediently.

                We went past her and down to the bottom of the stairs. I turned on the video camera and smiled.

                “Come on down and let’s see if Santa came!” I said.

                Sasha got up and hurried down the stairs. She hesitated and grabbed Dimitri’s hand, clinging to him tightly as she slowly crept into the living room.

                Her eyes widened at the sight of all the presents under the tree. She turned back to us, and my heart swelled at the sight of her shining eyes.

                “He came!” she whispered.

                “Go open your presents,” Dimitri said, kissing her forehead and releasing her hand. “Let’s see what he brought you!”

                I set the video camera up so that it was pointed at her and then followed Dimitri over to sit next to her. She crawled into my lap and I put an arm around her. She pointed, and Dimitri handed her a present.

                She opened it and her eyes widened in wonder. “He brought me a doll! Look! It’s so pretty!”

                “It’s beautiful. Almost as beautiful as you,” Dimitri said, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear and getting to work taking pictures of her as she opened her presents.

                I smiled widely as we watched her, because she didn’t look terrified and nervous. She looked ecstatic and the smile stayed on her face. She looked like a normal, happy kid on Christmas morning.

                “That’s everything,” she said once she had opened the last present. She turned and hugged me tightly, and I hugged her back. She had come to be comfortable with me and Dimitri, after so many months of us showing her that we would never hurt her.

                “Merry Christmas,” I said, kissing her.

                “I like Christmas,” she said, snuggling against me.

                “We’re going to Aunt Thalia’s house, and we’ll see Aunt Alek too,” I said to her, rubbing her back. “And Grandma and Grandpa. Both of them.”

                “Uncle Galen?” she asked shyly. She had taken a liking to Galen, since he was quiet and calm.

                “Of course we’ll be seeing your wonderful Uncle Galen!” Dimitri said cheerfully.

                “I like Christmas,” she said.

                “We like it too,” I said as Dimitri came over and put his arm around me. We both smiled at her.

                “Merry Christmas!” we said, and her smile made it all worth it.