Prompt #16

Prompt: Can you do one of where dimitri is really little and his dad takes him to the park and this lady comes up and starts ranting about how he shouldn't let his son dress like that.

A.N.- Dimitri's dad is my favorite, so this was so fun to do :3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “Dimitri!” Alexei Ivanov said, opening the door to Dimitri’s bedroom. “Dimitri, do you want to go to the park?”

                Dimitri jumped up and nodded eagerly. “Yes father!” the 5 year old said.

                Alexei smiled and held his hand out. Dimitri came over and took his hand, and Alexei led him out to the car, strapping him in before beginning to drive.

                His wife had taken Alek to watch a volleyball game. He figured that it was a good time for him to spend bonding time with his son.

                He glanced in the mirror at Dimitri. The little boy was wearing bright pink shorts with a green shirt that said “queen” in the center in sparkly white writing. His hair was messily done on his head, with flecks of glitter in it.

                He pulled into the parking lot and helped Dimitri out of the car. He held Dimitri’s hand as they walked over to the quiet playground. There were only a few other people there.   

                “What do you want to do?” Alexei asked him with a smile.

                “The swings!” Dimitri said, releasing his father’s hand and running over to the swings. Alexei followed him, watching as he climbed onto the swing and started to gain momentum.

                “Do you want me to push you?” Alexei offered.

                “No, I can do it myself,” Dimitri said, shaking his head.

                “I don’t mind,” Alexei insisted.

                Dimitri looked at him, realizing how much he wanted to push him. He nodded at his dad and offered him a smile.

                “Okay father,” he said, gripping the chains that held the swing up.

                Alexei brightened up and began to push Dimitri. He smiled widely as he gave an underdog, earning a joyful burst of laughter from Dimitri as he soared higher into the air.

                As the swing began to come back down, Dimitri pushed himself forward, releasing the chains. Alexei let out a yelp as the small boy stumbled to the ground, tumbling a little.

                “Dimitri!” he cried, hurrying over and kneeling next to him. “Dimitri! Are you okay?!”

                Dimitri beamed up at him. “I’m fine, father. I wanted to do that. I saw Aleksandra jump off the swing in the backyard yesterday. I wanted to try.”

                “Don’t do that! You could get hurt,” Alexei said, pulling Dimitri into his arms and making a mental note to tell Alek not to jump off the swings either.

                Dimitri looked uninterested, though. “That was fun!”

                Alexei sighed as he stood up, taking Dimitri’s hand in his. “You’re going to drive me crazy, Dimitri.”