Prompt #31

Prompt: Could you do little Dimitri? Maybe when he's really young and becomes interested in wild clothing? (Like, him and his family could be out shopping and he picks out crazy colored clothes for the first time) :3 Graçias!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “Daddy, come on!” 4 year old Alek said, grabbing her father’s hand and pulling him towards the clothes.

                “Slow down a little, Alek! You’re going to make me drop your brother,” Alexei said, laughing and adjusting 3 year old Dimitri before he dropped the toddler.

                “Don’t drop!” Dimitri said sternly, clinging to his father.

                “I won’t drop you,” Alexei promised, kissing his cheek.

                “I’ll kill you if you drop him,” Eva groaned, shaking her head.

                “Don’t drop!” Dimitri repeated. “Don’t drop, father!”

                “I won’t drop you,” Alexei said with a sigh.

                “Daddy, look!” Alek said, pulling him to a stop and pointing eagerly at a blue shirt.

                “It’s very pretty,” Alexei said, grabbing her size and handing it to her.

                Dimitri tugged on his father’s shirt. “Down!” he commanded.

                Alexei set him down and Dimitri wandered over to the clothes. He looked at a bright pink shirt and grabbed it, tugging it down. He turned to his father.

                “Father, want!” he said, holding it up.

                “Dimmy, that’s for a girl,” Alek said.

                Eva laughed as she watched Dimitri. “Let him try it on. Come on Dimitri, I’ll help you,” she said.

                He went over to her and she helped him pull the shirt on. It was a little tight on him but he clapped happily.

                “Want,” he said, pointing at it.

                Eva glanced at her husband and shrugged. “I don’t have a problem with it.”

                “Me either,” Alexei said, smiling at Dimitri. The little boy had always loved bright, wild colors.

                Dimitri handed the shirt to his mom and wandered over to the shorts. He tugged on a pair of purple shorts.

                “Want,” he said.

                Eva got up and went over, trying not to laugh. She knew Dimitri was an extremely intelligent toddler, but he preferred to speak lazily.

                “What do you want?” she asked.

                “I want the shorts, mother,” Dimitri said, tugging on them again. “Purple shorts!”

                “Let’s try those on, okay?” Eva said, grabbing a pair and taking Dimitri’s hand. She led him to the changing room and helped him into the shorts. He snatched the pink shirt from her and put it on himself, admiring his appearance in the mirror on the wall.

                “I like it!” he said in excitement. “Mother, I want it!”

                “That doesn’t match,” Eva pointed out.

                “I want it,” Dimitri said stubbornly. “I can wear it to the babysitter’s!”

                “But it doesn’t match,” Eva said patiently.

                “But I like it,” Dimitri said, jutting out his lower lip and giving his mom puppy-dog eyes. “I like it, mommy.”

                “You’re a rotten little charmer,” Eva said with a sigh. “Let’s get you back into your other clothes, and then we can go buy you those new ones.”

                “I can wear them to the babysitter’s?” Dimitri asked cautiously.

                “If that’s what you really,” she said, ruffling his hair.

                “Can I buy my own clothes?” he asked as she helped him change.

                “Daddy and I will help you,” she said. “But if you’re happy in your mismatched outfits, then I guess that’s what you’re going to wear.”

                “Yay!” Dimitri clapped and beamed a smile up at his mother.

                “You’re such an interesting little boy,” she said, and gave him an affectionate smile. “Come on, you. I’ll let you pick out one or two more shirts by yourself.”

                He took her hand and they left the dressing room together. Alexei smiled and shrugged at his wife as the little boy bounded over to the girls’ shirts and dug through them. But Dimitri ignored his parents, delighted that he finally got to dress himself.