Prompt #43

Prompt: A lot of people were requesting one where Dimitri cheats on Theo, so I took elements from several of those prompts and threw them into this :p

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                I went to Dimitri’s house and rang the doorbell. His dad answered and let me in, a frown on his face.

                “Dimitri hasn’t left his room all day,” he said. “Do you know what’s wrong?”

                I shook my head. “No. He texted me, saying I had to come over because we needed to talk.” I frowned, hoping he was okay.           

                “Okay,” Mr. Ivanov said, looking worried like he always did when it came to Dimitri.

                I hurried away and up the stairs. I went down to Dimitri’s bedroom and let myself in. I froze as I saw him sitting on his bed.

                He was wearing a pair of faded ripped jeans and a plain T-shirt. His hair was its normal color, and messy, the way it got when he had been running his hands through it.

                “Dimitri, what’s wrong?” I asked in concern.

                He stood up and looked into my eyes. “I cheated on you.”

                I stared at him, my heart stopping. “What?”

                “I’m afraid I consumed a little too much liquor at a party last night, and I was not thinking clearly Theo. I had sex last night,” he said, and regret was potent in his eyes. “I have no excuses for myself. I woke up in the early hours of the morning naked in bed with some that wasn’t you. It took me a little, but I remembered everything that happened last night. Alcohol, dancing, sex.”

                I stared at him in disbelief, my brain trying and failing to comprehend his words. I looked at him, at this sexy boy in front of me. His clothes hid his body from my sight, but he had taken his clothes off last night for another person, he had been intimate with another person, he had put himself inside of another person, or maybe another person had put themselves inside of him.  

                “You swore on your brother’s life,” I whispered. “You swore on Galen’s life that you wouldn’t cheat.”

                “I’m so sorry,” he said quietly.

                I staggered a little and caught myself against his desk, tears rising in my eyes as I thought of all our moments together. Of how much I loved Dimitri.

                “You cheated on me?” I choked out.

                “I would do anything to right this, Theo. I swear I would. But I can understand if you’re done with me,” he said, his voice steady despite the pain, regret, and guilt in his eyes.

                “Why?” I whispered.

                “I had consumed too much liquor. I was drunk. They started rubbing my crotch and kissing at my neck. I was drunk and horny, Theo,” he said, shoving his hands in his pockets. “There is no excuse for what I have done, though. I never wanted to do this to you. I never wanted to put you through something as horrible as cheating. I have never cheated before, and never intended to. But I have hurt you once more.”

                I went over to him, feeling furious and hurt and betrayed. I punched him in the chest as hard as I could, and he winced.

                I gripped his shirt, burying my face against his chest where I had just hit him, tears leaking down my face. He put his arms around me, stroking my hair as I cried against him.

                “I am so sorry,” he whispered.

                I knew that Dimitri hardly cared about anything. But I knew he had cared about me, and I knew he truly regretted what he did, but I just…He had actually freaking cheated on me.

                “I hate you,” I said angrily, gripping his shirt tighter.

                “I understand,” he said, his voice quiet. I could detect the pain in it, though.

                I gripped him tightly and he held onto me as I sobbed against him. I didn’t know what happened to us now. I just knew that this would not be an easy thing to recover from, if we recovered from it at all.

                “I’m sorry,” he repeated, sounding miserably.

                “I hate you!” I said, but I also loved him, and I just wanted him to go back in time and stop himself so that this never had to happen.