Prompt #53

Prompt: Little Dimitri is nice for Alek's birthday and gives her a drawing as a present c:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “Happy birthday Aleksandra!” Alexei Ivanov said as his daughter came downstairs.

                She smiled and hugged him tightly. “Thank you daddy!”

                “You look so beautiful! Did mom get you that dress for your birthday?” he asked her.

                Her smile got wider. “Yea! Mommy got it for me!”

                “I can’t believe you’re already 8 years old! You’re growing up so fast,” Alexei said, hugging her again. “I’ll make you a special birthday breakfast, okay?”

                “Okay!” She sat at the table, waiting eagerly as her father got to work making her breakfast.

                She looked over as a sleepy Dimitri came downstairs, and tried to keep her mood up. She was worried that her little brother would ruin her birthday, though. The 6 year old boy had been getting meaner and meaner.

                “Happy birthday Aleksandra,” Dimitri said, rubbing at his eyes sleepily.

                “Thanks Dimmy,” she said.

                “Here you go Alek!” Alexei said, setting down a plate with pancakes, eggs, and bacon on it.

                Dimitri reached over and snatched a piece of bacon. Alexei sighed and shook his head at his son.

                “Dimitri, that was Alek’s breakfast,” he said. “Don’t take her food. I’ll make you some pancakes.”

                “You’re supposed to ask first, Dimitri. Say ‘please’,” Alek said.

                “But I was hungry and it was there,” Dimitri said, biting into the bacon.

                “That’s not nice!” she said. “That’s stealing!”

                “It’s just food,” Dimitri said, unconcerned. “Calm down, Aleksandra.”

                She slumped back and ate in silence, knowing that her brother would get away with anything he did. He was such a spoiled brat.

                Alexei set down a plate of food for Dimitri. Dimitri ate hungrily, getting syrup all down the front of his pajama shirt.

                “Dad! Dimmy’s being messy again!” Alek said.

                “Dimitri,” Alexei said with a sigh, grabbing paper towels to clean the messy boy up with.

                When he was done, Dimitri jumped out of his chair and left the room. Alek relaxed as she finished up her breakfast.

                “We’re going to go out to dinner tonight at your favorite restaurant,” Alexei said with a smile. “And all your friends are coming over tomorrow for your first sleepover party!”

                “Is Dimitri going to be here?” Alek asked nervously. He would no doubt ruin her party.

                Alexei shook his head. “Nope. He’ll be at his friend’s house for the night.”

                Alek got up and went into the living room. She mentally sighed as she heard footsteps, and turned to face Dimitri.

                He gave her a smile, holding out a piece of paper. “Here! I made you a present!”

                Alek took it from him, her eyes widening. It was a surprisingly good drawing of Simba from The Lion King.

                “I spent all of yesterday drawing it,” Dimitri said.

                “Thank you Dimmy,” Alek said, pulling him into her arms and hugging him.

                He hugged her back. “Happy birthday Aleksandra!”

                She smiled at her brother, loving when he had his nice moments like this. She looked down at the drawing in her hands.

                “I’m going to hang it in my room! I love it!” she said.

                “It’s fabulous,” Dimitri said smugly.

                “And it’s for me,” Alek said, hugging him again. “Thank you, Dimmy. I love you.”