001

"Sit here."

"Appa, don't give us that look."

"Don't speak. Just take your seats now." The man said, sternly. His children nodded and took their seats on the floor.

"Drink the water." He commanded, showing the two glasses in front of them on the table.

One of the children took the glass and sipped the water, slowly and put the glass down on the table while the second one was just looking down at the glass, not bothering to touch it. The man tapped the table to grab their attention but it scared both of them. They looked up to him and could see his expressionless face.

"What's wrong with you, Momo?" He asked the girl, who didn't drink the water.

"Nothing, Appa." Momo shook her head, looking down.

"Then, why are you not having the water? Did JeongYeon say something to you?" He asked, leaning a bit forward.

"I didn't say anything to her." JeongYeon defended herself.

"She said nothing."

"Then drink the water, right now. I think, you need it." He ordered. She nodded and grabbed the glass.

While Momo was busy sipping the water, JeongYeon looked at the door way just to find their mother, hiding behind the door but still looking at the two of them. JeongYeon nodded in assurance and gave her a small smile. She looked back to the table where Momo put the empty glass.

"Now, show me your final results." Their father said, putting his both palms on the table.

JeongYeon smiled, happily and presented few papers on the table in front of her father. He took the papers then averted his attention to Momo, who was just looking down whole the time. He creased his brows and tapped the table again but Momo seemed nervous and scared at the same time.

"Where is your result, Momo?" He asked, curiously.

"Appa, check mine first." JeongYeon said, excitedly.

"There are many papers, why? Don't you guys get your results through the internet?"

"We got the results through the internet, too and on the same date, we got our documents."

"But which one is the marksheet here?" He asked, checking the papers and JeongYeon quickly found out the correct paper.

"Here it is." She pointed the paper in his hands. He nodded and took a clear look through his glasses.

He nodded, looking at the bottom part of the thin paper and a smile formed on his lips, making JeongYeon squeal in happiness but she couldn't show it them right now. She wanted to celebrate it with Momo. He then checked the other documents and a brown envelope caught his attention.

"What is it?" He asked JeongYeon. She gestured him to open it by himself. He nodded and opened the envelope.

"It's mostly written in English." He frowned but JeongYeon grinned.

"Appa, I got scholarship." JeongYeon said with her excited voice, making her father smile.

"Really? Read it for me." He spoke but his expression changed quickly as he glanced to Momo.

"Read it later. Momo, give me yours." He extended his hand. Momo sighed, closing her eyes and put the documents on the table.

He took the documents and looked through each of them. JeongYeon pointed the result paper and he nodded, picking it out. Momo buried her face down, hugging her knees. Both looked at her in confusion when she started sobbing for no reason.