3

The second she walked through the big wooden doors and into the oppressing glow of the fluorescent lit halls, Lana remembered why she hated this place so much. The grey cloud had previously been slightly lifted from her by the van plan, but everyone's harsh stares brought her back to the current reality.

There was one plus though.

Most of the kids never had the guts to say anything to her face, which is how Lana liked it, it's why she'd perfected her act. The quiet, mysterious, no fucks to give, unforgiving act, completed by her dark clothes and makeup.

Sometimes she felt like the act was real, sometimes the fake it till you make it approach worked and she truly didn't give a fuck, but most of the time she knew that inside she was weak. She wanted to shout, to cry, to talk to someone; but that would be breaking the act and that would make her vulnerable.

The act was mostly full proof with only a couple of exceptions, those being a few jocks and a few cheerleaders but Lana was usually pretty good at staying out of trouble with them.

This year was off on a bad start already though.

Her first classes were fine. She didn't talk to anyone and nobody spoke to her. They stared and whispered a bit but she forced herself not to care. "They're all a bunch of losers anyway." She thought to herself.

It was when she got to her fourth class of the day and quickly sat down at the back that things started to get worse.

The class, history, had Jason, Patrick, Andy and Chance in it, four jocks who didn't care much for the intimidation tactic that worked on most people. And they had more fuel than they'd ever had before.

"Retaking your senior year because of the failed run away attempt. That's rough Lana, especially with Billy Hargrove of all people." Jason smugly grinned as he and Andy sat down in the seats in front of her.

"Yeh I knew you were like a slut but shit you must have some wild moves to pull a stud like Hargrove!" Andy taunted.

The two boys chuckled and Lana looked at them for a second, shooting them a harsh glare before going back to rummaging through her bag for the book she needed.

"See I told you the weirdo wouldn't say anything, she's probably thinking about who's dick to ride for some drugs next, let me see who in here would be her type?" Andy snickered and looked around the classroom.

Lana didn't even bother looking up at them as they laughed until the name came out of one of their mouths "The freak of course, Eddie Munson, and he's coming over here right now isn't that perfect."

She looked around and saw Eddie walking towards them with a determined scowl on his face. It surprised her once again to see him, she'd hardly seen him around school last year but then again, they'd both hardly been in school last year.

Still her mind automatically went to "What does he want?" as the boys continued to tease.

"Hey freak, your bitch is here." Jason taunted over to Eddie. "Pair of druggies, you're perfect for each other!"

Fuck this.

"I'm not his fucking bitch." Lana suddenly retorted before Eddie even had a chance to shout something equally as obnoxious back at the boy. "And I'm not a fucking slut."