46

Hope everyone is doing good! Sorry the updates are so irregular lol I work a lot and life is a bit rough atm but I know things will be okay! Thanks for the reads and interactions they mean the world to me!

Song for this chapter is spellbound by Siouxsie and the banshees. Stay safe love yall xxx

Lana thought about what she should do next. If she acknowledged him, she could and probably would get some free drinks out of him. But they're never really free. He would surely bother her for the rest of the night if she accepted even one drink from him.

Not worth the hassle.

The girl wrinkled her nose at him and turned back towards the bar, hoping he'd get the message and leave her alone.

He didn't though, of course.

"Hey!" He spoke again slightly louder, elbowing her lightly so that she had to acknowledge him.

"Hello?" She sighed as she turned back around, finally making eye contact he so desperately craved. "Do I know you?"

The man snorted in amusement, leaning against the bar with a pleased look on his face. His eyes ran along her body and he bit his lip in a way that made her feel sick.

"You're gorgeous. Let me buy you a drink!" He confidently proposed but Lana instantly declined with an eye roll and a scoff.

"No way man." She laughed before turning back to the bar and finally catching a server's attention. The man muttered something as he stormed off - not something the girl could even care to hear. He was a rejected man, they all act like that.

Robin and Steve had been oblivious to the whole thing; chatting to some random girls at the bar and much to Lana's surprise, not acting painfully awkward.

Once she finally got her drinks - two double vodka lemonades - she made her way over to the group, sending everyone a smile before chugging the first glass.

"Thirsty much?" Steve scoffed with a smile before turning to the girl next to him and pointing to Lana "This is Lana" then vice-versa "This is Katie."

The first thing Lana noticed about Katie was how similar she looked to Nancy Wheeler, something she wanted to giggle at but chose to remain polite.

"Nice to meet you." She smiled before turning to the girl stood with Robin. "What's your name?"

She was tall, had a slight grown out, black pixie cut, skin so pale that it was nearly white and strikingly beautiful eyes.

"I'm Alice." She nodded at Lana before turning back to Robin with a sultry smile. "Should we go dance?"

Lana and Steve's eyes met for a second in excitement before turning back to a nervous Robin, spluttering "Y-yeah, let's go."

Alice grabbed Robin's hand and pulled her to the dance floor, closely followed behind by Steve, Katie and Lana. It was crowded, bodies pressed against each other, already sweaty and humid. Steve had his hand on Katie's waist whilst she grinded on him and Robin had her fingers intertwined with Alice's as they swayed together. Seeing her friends, especially Robin, having fun like this made Lana squeal happily before reminding her of what she was missing. Her eyes scanned the room again.