45

I really hope u all like this chapter I've been trying to build more of an 80s aesthetic. Donnie darko is one of my fave movies ever i rewatched it recently and that rly inspired me to carry on with this fic. Would highly recommend to all of u as it is somewhat of psychological thriller, scifi, mental health themed movie set in the 80s sooo... probably right up ur street if ur reading this. Lol

Anyway, the aesthetics in that film are something I want to be envisioned through my writing so I hope this is good!! Sending u all some love, stay safe xxx

Might start adding songs to listen to while reading each chapter that just go with the chapter theme or aesthetic soo this chapter I am recommending Eighties by Killing Joke.... After the flashback scene (sorry spoiler I know)

It was ten o clock, dark, cold and icy outside. Steve was sat in the drivers seat of his car, with Robin beside him and Lana in the back. The two girls had been pre drinking heavily for the night ahead - as had the boy although slightly less being the "responsible" driver.

His blue BMW was parked around the back of the big warehouse that The Hideout was located in - along with all the other cars of the slightly intoxicated drivers. Way under the police radar, it was a common spot for teenagers to smoke weed, listen to music, drink and spray paint - and also a favourite spot for the local drug dealers to frequent.

Lana had been there many times to pick up off Kev, in fact, it was this car park where she bumped into Billy and met him for the first time. She remembered how his charm and good looks instantly had her under a spell, completely ignoring all of the red flags right in front of her - although she was probably too high to see them at the time.

~~~

7 months ago:

The weather was warm and sunny that day, much to Lana's dismay. She had been in a particularly bad headspace recently and her arms were a cut up mess - meaning she had to wear long sleeves to cover them up. It was making her much too hot for her liking as she walked the half mile from the bus stop to her dealers spot.

But alas, the girl was in need of a fix and would do almost anything for it.

When she finally arrived, Kev saw her from across the car park and grinned, sending her a nod then continuing his conversation with another customer. He was stood with his usual cronies; men who tried to act nice but Lana knew were rotten inside. She knew that Kev was rotten inside too - his grin not because he cared about her, but because she was his willing prey.

Still, she shot him a grin back and pulled out her earphones as she drew near.

Once he finished with the other customer, he quickly wrapped his arm around Lana's waist and announced "My favourite girl!" to the other men like she was his trophy. They chuckled in response, as did Lana - awkwardly - despite being quite used to this behaviour. The total lack of respect and invasion of personal space was just part of picking up from Kev; it was worth it for the low prices.

"What you after princess? Bet I can guess." He slurred slightly, his breath reeked of alcohol which wasn't uncommon for him.

Lana rolled her eyes but giggled, being sure to play along slightly if it meant she could get free drugs.

"If you can't guess do I get half price?" She smiled, fluttering her eyelashes.