13

"Man I hate them so much! Always trying to do things the long way, just accept Gargamel as your leader! It makes so much more sense!" Eddie proclaimed at the TV, throwing his drink down and pointing to the screen.

He was quite drunk and stoned by this point, as was Lana, who giggled at his absurd statement.

"They're just Smurf's dude, I don't think they're mentally capable of giving up. Isn't their whole thing about happiness and strength?" She lit another joint as she said this, comfortably sunken into the couch.

Eddie turned to her with an amused grin and passed the ashtray before she even had to ask. He looked at the clock on the wall and saw it as seven now. Shit the time has flown. We should get started on the K bag.

"Do you think they're mentally capable of desiring ketamine?" He smiled at Lana, his stomach doing tiny flips every time he looked at her.

Her stomach also did tiny flips when she made eye contact with him, which was rare, but right now she stared at him with a grin and felt safe enough to lock eyes for a few seconds.

"Probably not. They don't even need to get high, they're happy as it is." Lana handed him his metal tray as she said this. "So is it ket time for us?"

He took the tray and picked up the ket baggie, shaking it with satisfaction. "Yep I'm going to rack this up. You still think you're going to out ket me?"

"Well you're drunker than me already." Lana teased. "So probably."

She was chugging down the joint as she watched Eddie carefully pour the shards out onto the tray.

"You say that Smurfs don't need to get high because they're already happy. Is the only reason you get high to feel happy?" He asked, not turning his concentration from the tray.

Lana was slightly shocked by his question, not seeing what his point was, but answered anyway, amused by the sudden depth of their conversation about Smurf's.

"Not always. But usually... What does this have to do with me beating you in our ket contest?"

"Everything. I get high because it's fun and I have self control so it never becomes an escape thing for me. You get high to chase a feeling, meaning you probably don't know your limits... or you do and you choose to push them anyway just to get that good feeling you crave. Meaning, you're most likely the one who's going to be K holing tonight due to your own lack of self control." His voice was monotone as he finished racking up the lines, not looking up at Lana who was sat with her mouth open in shock.

How'd he read me like that? Is it that clear?

"Am I right?" He looked up at Lana now.

She tutted at him and shot him an amused smile. "You're too smart for your own good Munson. Never read me like that again."

He grinned, satisfied with himself and turned back to the tray. That was the first win he'd had with her, she never admitted he was right about anything especially when it came to her. In fact, he never usually would even say something so bold to her, not wanting to cause upset, but as they got closer he was beginning to learn how to push the boundaries just right.

"I'm not gonna K hole though, I'm not that bad at pushing past my limit." Lana added, which only made Eddie grin harder to himself. Since when does she feel the need to explain herself? Did I fluster her with that easy reading?