C.11 Mother Doe

Ella arrived and opened her front door. She's instantly greeted by a hug from her mother. "Welcome home sweetheart! I'm so glad you're back home. I miss you so dearly." Her tone is warm.

"Aww mom, i miss you too..." Ella hugs her mother back.

Ella's mom let go of her daughter from her hug and takes her to the living room on the right side of the house to talk, the front of the house consist of a hallway that leads from the front door to the kitchen in the back, between those hallways there are two different rooms, left of the hallway is the dining room and to the right is the living room.

They both sit down at the couch, "How was last night's hangout with Tali?"

"It was really fun!"

Her mom smiles at that.

"But at one point tho, we were being chased by this creepy weirdo."

Her mother was shocked and worried. "You were chased by who?!"

"I don't know him! All i know is that he's weird and creepy! But don't worry someone nice saved us!"

🎵 Play "Aphex Twin - I"

Ella's mother calms down as she looked to her husband's room, "If your father was still here he could find that guy and lock him up." she smiles.

Ella looked at his father's room too, "Yeah... He would..."

They're both just stares at Ella's father room for some moments while remembering him until Ella breaks that silence. "That reminds me. That guy that saved us really reminded me of dad."

Ella's mom takes her sight back to her daughter and asked, "How come?"

Ella looked back at the front door, "I don't know, he just has that charm. Like he's very quiet like dad is, even when he talks he's very soft spoken. He's very nice and protective too."

Her mom stares at the front door as well with a blank open mouth confused stare, "So..."

"Do you like this guy?" She asked.

Ella looked back at her mom instantly, "HUH!?"

Her mom smiles, "HE'S ALMOST 20 MOM, HE'S TOO OLD FOR ME!" Ella jolts.

"Hahaha! The way you talked about him makes it seems like you love him"

Ella looks away in shame.

Her mom adds, "But yeah don't date older people, i met your dad when i was 25 and he was 32. He can be verrryy defensive about our relationships. We have different ways of viewing life so sometime we do argue." She looked at an old family photo that is hanged above the fireplace

"You and dad have a 7 years age gap while me and him have like 2 years. And yes you guys do argue a lot, especially in front of me."

Ella's mom looks down, "Sorry about the arguments. We weren't the happiest people you know."

"I know."

They both becomes silent for a moment.

"Wish you two were in good terms before dad died tho..." Ella looks away with a frown on her face.

Her mom shares a frown face too but instead of saying anything she just walks away.

Ella doesn't say anything as well and walked back to her room.

The relationships between Ella and her mother used to be strong even tho her mother and father can argue a lot sometime, but ever since her father passed away these two rabbits have become more and more further apart. But deep down they still love each other.

Ella entered her dark room and open the curtains to let the sun in. Her room is filled with posters and pictures hanged on the walls, some of them are photos of her favourite artists while some are just personal photos with friends or family.

She lays down on her bed that is located on the left corner of the room paralleled with the door. Her matress is a double bed and its covered with an oversized white sheet that didn't fit the matress nicely and making some of the leftover sheets just laying on the floor next to the bed.

There's two bean bag chairs across the bed and a big teddy bear at the right corner, the floor is also covered in carpet.

She checked her phone to find a notification from Shawn, the rapper she worked with yesterday. "Hey Ms.Barnett, thank you so so much for the photo shoots yesterday. It turned out sooo sick! Good luck on that Photography Contest too! I'll go there as well to watch if i gotz the time!"

She texted back with, "Thank you sir, glad you love the photos!"

She takes out her camera and checked all the photos that will make the cut, "Hmm, i need 1 photos for each of the 3 category i'm doing... Let me just find each one that i think is the best."

She goes through her gallery with a checklist, "Living being, Job, and lastly Architechture."

"Most of the living being ones are just my friends, they all look good but i think i need to find someone more good looking for me to win. I should've asked that Revolver guy earlier cus i think he looks good looking enough..."

She realized what she just said after a minute.

"Wow maybe mom was right haha."

"I'll skip this category for now."

She scrolls to her gallery again.

"Ah, these must be the architechture one!"

"A temple, a man made cave entrance, and also this cool looking historic museum. I think i should pick the temple one because i really love how they look with the orange and purple skies color combo and also the black sillhoutte of the temple is just spot on." She made a choice for the architechture one.

"Now lastly... The job one we got...

A photo of Mr.Shawn working on a beat...

This very depressing donkey worker which i don't think i can use cause i didn't ask permission from him."

She scrolls one more time, "And a photo of my mom working hard in the oprhanage's kitchen just cooking for the hungry kids." She takes some time just looking at the photo of her hard working mom.

"Sigh... I will never know how my parents truly feel sometime. I'm just a kid, i shouldn't be dealing with their problems. I should be dealing with my own problems."

She looked at the kids that are lining for her mother's food, "She probably cares more for those orphan kids than me .While i was working with Mr.Shawn she didn't even text me or call me. The only time she truly care was when my father died
Did she truly care for me?"

As she shed a tear she came to a realization, "No i should stop thinking like this. Of course she cares. She loves me." Her thoughts running while looking at the photo.

She decided to choose her mom's photo for the contest.

"I think that's all. I just need the living being now. Might even check to see how Rev is doing too, maybe i could take some pics of him? Maybe he could take some selfies? No, thats against the rules. I need to be the one taking those photos. You know what i'm just gonna rest for now and watch some TV."

29 July 2022