C.50 Burning Love

Chris and Andrew is back at the picnic spot.

Geordie isn't as badly hurt as the other two so he's already off at the docks fishing to calm his mood.

There is Ella and Tali in the picnic spot, they are treating the boys while they're eating the sandwiches they made earlier. Tali is with Andrew and Ella is with Chris. Scott was bored waiting so he followed Geordie with his fishing. So it's only the 4 of them at the picnic area.

Andrew is laying on his back while Tali observes the scar wounds he got from the possum attack. "Hmmm, i don't understand how to heal you here... Bandages?" Tali asked, "Maybe? I don't really know too."

Tali looked at Ella who's good at healing Chris and she took the opportunity to asked something, "Hey Andrew. You're Chris's best friend right?" Tali asked, Andrew was silenced for a bit looking at the sky before answering, "Yeah. what's up?" Andrew answered.

"Okay i want to tell you something but please don't tell him okay." Tali awkwardly smiled as Andrew's eye gazed to Tali's face. "I like him." Tali confessed, Andrew smiled and confused, "You like... Chris? Like everyone's favorite dweeb? That's something i heard for the first time." Andrew smirked. "For the first time? No one loves him like that before me??? Why does everyone think he's some sort of a nerd??" Tali confused, "Haha don't you see him? He's not as social as the three of us and he mostly only talk when it's with us. When he's alone with strangers i betcha he will just sit and be quiet." Andrew explained, "Ohh he's a quiet guy huh? I'm okay with that..." Andrew asked back, "What makes you love him anyway?" Tali looked at Chris who is facing away. "He's cute, handsome, very athletic. I just love his vibe you know." Andrew, "Guess i could say the same, he got a good vibe."

Andrew and Tali stopped for a bit before continuing. "Chris is a good guy, yes he could be socially offline sometimes but when you get to know him, i'm sure you will have a good time with him. As a best friend of his i could totally hang out with him for a month straight and i won't get bored at all." Andrew explained, "Huh, i do see that..." Tali said while staring at Chris from a far. She asked another question regarding Andrew, "Since when did you guys become friends anyway?" Tali asked. "We were friends since like elementary. I remember it veryyy clearly. He was at a park near the school and he was getting bullied, i feel sorry for him because he doesn't know how to defend himself so i stepped in to intervene. I scared the bullies away and approached the little guy. After that i kinda empathize with him, even though that's the first time we met we ended up becoming friends for the 8 years we're here together! It's very cool!" Andrew and Tali smiled at the story. Andrew sits down from the picnic blanket, "How about this. You should go to Chris and talk to him. Ask to switch with Ella okay? It's so you two can get to know more with each other and get comfortable, and also because i think Ella knows more about healing wounds haha." Andrew joked, "Okay Andrew thanks for the tip, i'll talk to him." Tali stands up and walks to Chris and Ella, "Good luck!!!" Said the cheering Andrew.

Tali sits next to Ella and without saying a word Ella understands her intention. Ella walks away leaving Chris and Tali alone together.

Tali continued Ella's job by rubbing petroleum jelly on Chris's burnt back. Chris noticed the different texture on his back and he looked back. Tali was paralyzed at first when Chris looked at her, but she built up his confidence to talk to him. "Hi Chris, Ella told me to switch places because i don't know how to handle scratches haha." Tali try to make a reason, "Ohh yeah yeah that's good that's good. Be careful with my back though."

The two spent time in silence because Tali doesn't know what to say. Instead, Chris starts another conversation, "Your name is Tali right? The one that i delivered that pie with?" Chris asked, "Yeah, the pie girl." Tali answered with more confidence. "Yknow that was such a fun little thing we did, like i remember you were walking very slowly back there." Chris teased, "I mean it's not me who was walking slow it was more of a you that walks fast." Tali smiled at the teasing, "Well you're too slow. You just gotta be faster next time if you wanna keep up to me." Chris smiled. "Haha yeah..."

The two of them started to get each other's energy. "If you really wanna catch up to me i wanna ask you something." Tali is intrigued on what Chris is going to ask her. "What is it?" She asked, Chris looked back again at Tali who was behind him, "Usually when i'm feeling anxious about something, i like to just walk around to make me feel better." Tali listened, "So i gotta ask..." Chris turns around and lifts his hand,  "Do you wanna walk around the beach with me?", Tali was lovestrucked at what Chris just said that she ended up zoning out for a bit with a smile on her face. Chris noticed Tali's face, "Haha your face is soo funny! Relax i'll walk slower this time." Chris reassured, "Oh Chris... How's your back though?" Tali asked, "I've been through worse injuries." Chris shrugged.

Chris stands up and clean some sands that are stuck in his shorts. He reached his hand to help Tali stands up, "Come on let's go." Tali was extremely confused, never in her life that something like this would happen. Tali accepts Chris's hands as they both walk around the beach together.

"Yup, i knew him. His social skills isn't as aware as any of us that he would just take her for something romantic like that. He is our favorite dweeb yeah?" Andrew comments from a far. "Yeah he certainly is, and with Tali too. She's also isn't really called like 'the other girls' by her friends. I think those two would make a very interesting weird match." Ella follows. "Yup, can't wait to see where that goes."

Chris and Tali started to look at each other's eyes with a burning love.

19 January 2024