C.15 Preparing The Party

It is now the next day. Yesterday's situation created a big buzz for the local people. A lot of people now know who Ella is and greet her whenever they meet her. What Ella said about Shawn being a micro celebrity yesterday kinda came true with her as she herself became one. Ella ended up spending the entire day in Flame's house to get away from the public and to get ready for the celebration party.

In the cozy summer afternoon of the Flora Complex, Ella and Flame spent the entire noon in the living room skewering sausages and other foods into wooden sticks, they've worked on this for about an hour now. "I wonder if all tHese foods will be enougH for all tHe people. How many people you invited for tHis party Ella?" Flame asked, "I only got like few of my close friends and classmate here, i don't want this to be a huge party i want it to be more personal yknow." "I getcHa." 

While the two skewers, Jake opened the front door holding a grocery bag. "Here's the sauce stuff." He hands Flame the grocery bag. "Yooo tHanks Cole." He opened the grocery bag to find the soy sauce, butter, and hot sauce. Inside the bag is also chocolate bread that Jake bought. Flame reached the bread and give it to Jake,"Here's your bread btw." Jake takes it, "Thanks, i'm going to my room now. When the party starts and you're looking for me i'll just be in my room okay, i hate the loud noise of a party." He walks to his room. "AlrigHty."

Ella looks at Jake leaving and asked, "Is Jake always like that?" Flame answered while opening the sauces, "Well He's always seem to be annoyed and angry all tHe time, i don't know wHat His problems are and i don't wanna know." Ella nods at Flame's answer, "I see..."

As those two continued skewering, Rodent comes out of Flame's room. "Yoo guys. How's your progress going?" Ella looked at the raccoon and replied happily, "Oh hi Scott! I barely counted but maybe Flame knows?" Flame hovers his hand above a tray of foods, "We got likeee... 30 Here... andd 10 Here... and anotHer 10 Here. and now we're kinda working on tHe sauce." Scott looks at the trays with an ooh face. "That's awesome sauce! Good luck guys! I'm gonna go back to playing games now cya!" Rodent walked back to Flame's room. "Okay! Thanks Scott!" Ella waves to him.

The time passed and the once bright afternoon is getting darker, now the aura of the house is tinted a tiger orange and they ended up turning on the lights. Flame is taking a break and watching the TV on the couch but Ella is still working on some of the foods, "Dudee, where is Tali?? She said she wanna helped me out getting these foods ready but she didn't even come here." Ella stopped her activity to open her phone. Flame looked to Ella's phone because he's sitting in the couch and Ella is on the floor. Ella opened the chatting app and find a message from Tali, "Hey Ella, sorry i can't help you out on preparing the foods. But trust me, i'll be there!!!" Ella puts on an annoyed face, Flame looked at her with a worried look, "You know, i tHink wHen sHe said sHe wanna Helped out witH tHe foods sHe meant Helping out 'eating' tHe foods ratHer tHan preparing tHe food..." Ella puts her phone down and closed her eyes, "Yeahh that makes sense..."

*Knock* *Knock*

The two looked at the front door and they find Finn the dog waving at their window with a big smile. "oH it's Finn!" Flame stands up and opened the door for him. It turns out that it's not just Finn that came but he brings his big brother Andrew here too, Andrew is also a golden retriever but he is much bigger and has a more tanner brown fur than his little brother Finn. He wears a high school varsity jacket with Flora written at the back, "Yooo guyss." Andrew said while waving. "OH Andrew you're Here too? THat's great, tHe more tHe merrier eH?" Flame welcomes the two golden retrievers.

As the sun slowly sets and the sky getting darker, more and more of Ella's friends came to her house. Some of them are her classmates including Tali, and some of them are her newer friends like Shawn and Revolver. Those two arrived almost at the same time, Shawn knocked at the front door waiting for someone to open it.

*knock* *knock*

While waiting Shawn's eyes look at Revolver who's waiting with him and Shawn greets him,"Oh heyy, you must be Ella's friend yesterday that eats with her right?" He points at Revolver, "well i don't call myself a friend of hers but if you wanna." Revolver answered with a blank face. Shawn replied, "Well i'm technically not her friend too, i just worked with her once. But i think me and Ella are slowly becoming friends now." Revolver nods, "same here" They both chatted while waiting for the door to be opened.

Finn opened the door for them, "Ohh ermm, hey Ella are these two your friends or??" Finn looked back at Ella who's busy bringing plates and cups to the backyard. She replied to Finn, "Oh yes, that's Shawn and Revolver. Let them in." Ella walked to the backyard with the utensils and they followed behind.

The party is set at Flame's backyard, it is now the early night time around 18.00. The backyard is light up with warm hanging patio lights. The wind is breezy but the party's grill and lights make it warm. The backyard is quite big and is divided into two parts. The first is the patio part which is near the door and where the party took place, there are black metal chairs and wooden tables and at the left side facing away from the door is the grill that will be used for the party. The second part of the backyard is the grass part that's more farther than the backyard door. It's mostly filled with more natural things although there are some seats here and there.

The party participants are mostly at the patio side just sitting and talking.

Ella looks around in the middle of the patio where there is a small stage area. She holds a highball glass and a spoon, she wants to make an announcement before the party began.

*tink* *tink* *tink*

All her friends looked at her, "Good evening everyone!" She said to the guests.

The patio replied with other "Good evenings." not at the same time and not everyone.

"I'm so happy for all the people that came here to celebrate what i did. Technically you guys don't even have to be here it's just that Tali reallyyy wants me to have a celebration party." Ella looked at Tali who is smiling and worded out "That's me." with her lips. "I can't believe too on how many people is here. About ten of the people here are my friends and that's just amazing. I can see Geordie, Tia, Andrew, Tali and my other friends as well!" Some of her friends nodded. "Well... Uhmm..." She looked at Flame who is standing near the grill wearing an apron. "You know what, i'm gonna cut the opening words and just start the party already!" She raised her glass and everyone cheers on.

14 April 2023