C.42 Anger

The court room's energy is now tense and heated.

"YOU SAID MY FATHER WAS NOTHING HUH? HOW DOES IT FEEL WHEN PEOPLE KILL YOUR FATHER AND TREAT HIM LIKE NOTHING?!" Buckelaire yelled as he tried to get closer to King Lunar.

"heh." King Lunar chuckled.

Sir Buckelaire is confused by the chuckle.

King Lunar stares at Buckelaire with his deep green eyes.

"why do you love your worthless father so much?

I don't care about my own.

I killed my own father."

Sir Buckelaire was shocked after hearing what King Lunar has said.

During his daze, King Lunar pulled out a crossbow out of his big dark winter coat and aimed it at Sir Buckelaire with just one hand

Despite being shocked by his statement, he still have time to duck for safety and pushed King Rabbit away.

*Shoot*

*Thud*

The arrow hit a wooden wall behind them.

The entire hall erupted as some people ran away from the scene.

"Sir Buckelaire, Coroso Kingdom. I declared a war!" King Lunar said with high power as he raised his gloved finger.

King Solar tried to attack King Lunar with his guards, "GUARDS ATTACK!"

But as the guards attacked. King Lunar turned his eyes at the group of guards that stood beside King Solar.

Suddenly the group of guards froze, they didn't attack at all after they saw King Lunar's eyes.

In the midst of the chaos, King Lunar ran away without anyone noticed him.

"King Lunar... He's a war criminal. We need to execute him..." King Solar said with great policy and responsibility.

As everyone left the court room, King Rabbit had a small talk with Sir Buckelaire at the hallway.

"Son what did i told you? Don't draw attention, especially with King Lunar! Look at us now we're in danger!" King Rabbit tried to reason with the angry deer.

He didn't responds with anything, it's just his angry face as he ran outside as fast as possible and tried to get King Lunar.

"Listen son. It could've went smoothly, King Solar could've save us somehow. I know what happened to your father and i don't want it happened to you as well."

The mention of his father stopped him.

"You don't understand..." He started to cry

"He killed my father, my father... The person that raised me, the person that was there for me whenever i'm down..." I was starting to get tired at everything there.

The King looked at me worried as well.

"The war... I've heard Fiona plenty times that this war is useless, and look at my father. HE'S DEAD. HE'S DEAD AND NOW I'M GONNA DIE TOO AND EVERYONE GONNA DIE!" I was helpless.

The king hugged me to calm me down.

"I get it son, i'm sorry. I'm sorry..." That's what he said before he cried while hugging me, we just cried while everyone runs around panicking.

"Even though he says that he gets it, i know he doesn't actually know what to do. It was a hard time and it's hard to look back on." Sir Buckelaire finished the story he told to Ella and Finn.

"Wow that's harsh." Ella replied to the story.

"It was. Those war times was harsh, and i'm betting that my anger heated that war to it's boiling point. It was terrible." Sir Buckelaire looked over the ruined castles.

"But i get it tho, your dad was killed and of course you'll be mad over the killer of your dad dude. I'll be angry too..." Finn replied before stopping in realization.

"If i was angry i prolly started that war too then..." Finn looked down.

Sir Buckelaire looked at the down Finn, "You're an angry guy too huh? I think that's why this castle chose you here. It tries to teach you a lesson. This castle is special, it can find potential in people and takes them here and teaches them a lesson. After you learned a lesson it will free you from here."

"Huh? Really?" As Finn said that, they hear someone calling for the two of them.

"Heyyy!! There they are! That's the nice dog and his rabbit friend!" The mother and daughter sheep that Finn helped earlier spotted them from the top of the cliff with some help.

"Oh hey look! They're trying to rescue us!" Ella stands up and points at the group of people looking down from the cliff. 

"Thanks sir..." While Ella turns back to Sir Buckelaire, he is already gone. "Huh..." Ella is confused at where Sir Buckelaire went.

Finn started to see the light in a different way.

The two are being raised by the rescue team in a vertical rescue. While rising up, the two had a conversation on the big rising mat.

"You know, his story about not controlling his emotions got to me. That's how i've been feeling these past few days, the wolf park, the group project with Chris, and both of us falling down here. A lot of those problems happened because of my anger." Finn spoke while looking at the ruined castles.

Ella looked at Finn, "Well... I don't know the details of those events but as a friend i know what you're like. I know you're not the best at controlling your emotions but what's good is that even though you can't control your emotions you can control yourself to not do a lot of bad things, especially recently." Ella adds.

"But a lot of those stuff ended because my pals stopped me from going further, if they weren't there i would've did more damage..." Finn feels embarrassed.

"But hey! We're still here, and we're still here for you. You still got some in you, you got friends, you got morals, you got your big brother, and you got a heart that can intervene your instinct. You're doing good Finn!" Ella compliments.

Finn smiled and looked up at Ella.

"Thank you Ella. You're a good friend."

The two managed to be rescued from the cliff and they received first aids and a trip back to North Market.

24 November 2023