C.45 Jake The Deer

TW: Abuse, Abusive parent, bullying

Jake's mother Kay gave birth to her second son named Jake Cole. During her pregnancy, she was deeply ill and her husband didn't take care of her. Due to her condition at that time, the result of her pregnancy was a small baby deer, smaller than a normal healthy one. It is one of the misfortune that Jake have in his life.
Back then when he was 10 years old. He would always get bullied due to his small size, his other classmates are bigger and taller than him due to the early stages of puberty. Because of that Jake ended up becoming more quiet.

It didn't help that his father was also abusive. After going home from school, instead of getting rest from all the bullying he got from school, he got abused again at his home.

His father would always scold him by saying he's the reason why misfortune always comes to him. His father was addicted to gambling, he would always gamble a lot of money to try to get rich, he used to be very lucky at his gambles, but ever since Jake was born, his father would always get unlucky. That's why he believed that the birth of his son is the reason of his unluckiness.

Whenever he lost at the gamble, he would blame it on Jake and beat him up while he hide in his room. Sometime his father would beat him with a broom or a belt, but sometimes it's just with his own bare fist. One of the worst abuse Jake got is when his dad would use a knife and slice at Jake's body, that's where most of the scars come from.

Unlike any other kid who would scream or cry in pain whenever he gets abused by his parentz Jake was different. He was so used to the abuse that he would rather stay quiet because he's just afraid.

There was some sanctuary though. Their aunt cared about the safety of the kids and knows that their father was abusive, so sometimes she would visit them for a quick check. One day she wanted to take both of those kids away from that house to get them away from their abusive father, but she only took Melissa to her house because she can't take care of two kids. So now, Jake is left alone in his own house when his dad is away.

That might be a good thing for him but unfortunately his father tasked his alcoholic friend who is a hyena to take care of him when he's away. Unlike his father who would hurt him when he's angry. His drunken friend would randomly beat him up for no reason. He's even worse too because his abuse isn't to just release his anger but he did that to  release all of his emotions whether it's happy, sadness, anger, guilt or many more. So sometime the abuse would be frequent and last longer than his dad's. His worse abuse is locking Jake in their freezing walking fridge though, over night sometime. He did that just to keep him quiet.

He never had any friends. During the weekend when there's no school. He is locked up in his room with only leftovers to eat. The leftovers are from his dad too so sometime's the foods are from parties which could be laced in drugs.

One day though, Jake was getting bullied in school. He was sitting in the back of the class like normal and just looked down doing nothing. The school was empty at the time because the teacher was late. A lot of the students were busy doing their own thing so when Jake was bullied no one really cared.

"Hey little guy! What's with that tired eyes?? Not getting enough sleep huh?? Try sleeping, it might help with your height!" The bully said while pushing the quiet Jake.

Some of the people around him shows concern, because Jake looks terrible and beaten up but that was the minority, the majority of the class just laughs.

"..."

"Come on! You can't talk too?! You're in 4th grade now! Oh wait, with that small body of yours you're probably still in 1st grade right???" The bully pushed Jake's head down at the table.

*thud*

Despite starting to get teary eyed and his face being pushed at the table, he glanced his eyes straight at the bully.

"Look at you... Crying... Wonder what your dad will do to you when he finds out, hahahahaha-"

*Stab*

*Slit*

"HUH WHAT THE!?"

Jake secretly hides a knife under his table drawer and sliced the bully's hand.

"AHHH WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? YOU'RE NO ANIMAL, YOU'RE A DEMON!" The bully suddenly screams as if he was the victim.

*Stab*

Jake continues stabbing at the bully until he falls down at the floor.

This time though everyone intervened and try to get the hysteric Jake away, he is done at keeping his emotions away and now he released all of them.

"Hey we need to get this crazy kid out of here!" One of the students holding Jake back.

Suddenly a teacher went in and saw what was happening.

No one wants to tell the story of how Jake did this because he got bullied, so the teacher just thinks that Jake attacks the bully for no reason. "JAKE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!"

*SLAP*

"I DIDN'T KNOW THAT YOU GONNA GROW UP TO BE A MURDERER! YOU NEED TO BE JAILED!" The teacher yelled at now the crying and bloody Jake.

The little deer has enough of pain and he hasn't met the worst one yet.

He was expelled from his elementary school and now he have to face his dad.

The night that he's back at home.

His father reads the expelled letter and looked at the cold face Jake he spoke.

"Jake..."

Jake was ready to receive his worst abuse yet, even though he is cold and have blood all over his body.

"You know, i never needed a second son anyway. You don't value anything in my life."

Jake looked up at the old deer face with plea.

"And so because you don't value anything in my life anymore. I will remove you." Jake's dad stands up.

Jake starting to fear that he's gonna die. He ended up jumped out the house window to run away.

Jake's dad was about to catch him but he already ran.

Jake finally escaped his hell hole but the question is where will he go? 

He saw a bus stop and wants to took it to run away. He looked back and notice that his dad tried to catch him. Ended up, he waved at the road for anyone to stop for him and for once in his life, good fortune was on his side because the person that stopped was their aunt.

"JAKE WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU??" His aunt asked while opening the door, without answering he jumped inside the driver's side and went to the back seats.

Jake's aunt drove away leaving the angry dad yelling at the sky.

15 December 23