Chapter 39: Therapitic Horror

Brendon's POV

"Becca, I think it's a good idea." I said as she rolled her eyes at me.

"Bren, I'm not gonna pay someone to tell me bullshit lies to make me feel better." She scoffed while opening up the fridge.

We were at her house and it was around 11pm. I brought up the idea of counseling or therapy. It's been three months since I found her in the bathroom with a blade for the first time. She said she'd stop but it's just gotten worse.

"You never know unless you try." I shrugged. She glared at me. "No. I'm fine. I don't need to see some shitty doctor. I'm not a metal case, Brendon." She shook her head. I grabbed her hand and pulled her into a hug. "I never said you were." I stroked her hair as she wrapped her arms around me.

I know what you're thinking. "They must be dating! Aww so cute!" Well no. We aren't dating. We're strictly friends right now. Becca doesn't want to date me after the whole Ryan thing. That doesn't mean we haven't shared a drunken kiss or two in the past three months but nothing more than friends.

"Brendon, I'm really okay. I'm the most okaiest a person can be! I mean it." She sniffled into my shoulder. I was trying to pull her away to look at her but she clenched tighter to me. She made it clear she didn't want to let go. "You can't see me cry, Bren." She said.

She breaks my heart. "Please Becca. If you won't do it for you, do it for me. I love you and I hate to see you this way." I said in a desperate tone.

"I don't want help. If I can't do this on my own, I don't want to do it at all." She shook her head. I squeezed her tighter but have never felt farther away.

"I'll go with you. Please do it for me. I love you Becca. I want you happy." I pleaded. My "I love you"s were far from friendly but she thought they were full of friendship.

"Bren, I'm gonna miss you so much." I squinted my eyes feeling so much pain in her sincere words. It's true. I'm leaving soon for our first tour and I have to leave Becca all alone.

"I'm gonna miss you more. Trust me." I said with my eyes still closed. You would think we were saying our goodbyes now, but with graduation in three days it's all starting to feel more real.

"I need you. I need you so much, Bren. I don't know if I can do this alone." She finally pulled away and looked at me. "You don't have to! I'm always here and you know that. I just want you to get some help." I pulled out her arm to inspect her slits. "I don't want you to hurt yourself anymore." I told her.

She stared down at her arms with regret painted all over her face. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Bren. I want to stop for you so bad, but I can't do it." She spoke softly trying to reserve tears.

"Don't apologize, babe." I pulled her into another hug. I quietly scolded myself for the choose of words, but she didn't seem to mind. She pulled away again with a smile on her face. "Okay." She took a pause. "I'll do it." She finished. At this moment the restraint it took for me to hold myself back from just kissing her was stronger than gravity. I smiled. "Thank you! I'll set it all up and I'll pay an-"

"You don't have to pay." She interrupted me. "Becca, I'm gonna pay." I laughed. "Fine." She groaned. "Okay, I'm done with this sappy shit. Let's go watch a movie!" She giggled and pulled me into the living room.

I never really understood how she could jump from mood to mood. She sat me down on the couch as she shoved in some horror movie. She knew I loved horror movies, but she could never stomach them. She always said that her life was a nightmare enough that she didn't need to add to it.

"We don't have to watch this if you don't want to." I informed her as she sat next to me on the couch. "Shhh!!! It's starting." She scolded me. I rolled my eyes playfully.

We were only 30 seconds into the movie when she started digging her fingernails into my arm and burring her face into my shoulder. I put my arm around her and pulled her close, so my skin wouldn't have to suffer her fearful actions.

She ended up on my lap snuggling her head pressed against me in the opposite direction of the tv. Her legs were curled up and her arms were woven tightly around me. Several times I suggested we stopped watching the movie but she refused to "wimp out" on just a silly film.

I comforted her by rubbing circles against her back while she hid from the screen. In the process of hiding she fell asleep on me. I didn't exactly know what to do when we met the movie's end. She was snuggled up in my lap and completely asleep.

I carefully picked her up and carried her to her room. The trip up the stairs was easy due to her light weight. She somehow was still latching onto me the whole time.

When we made it to her room I popped off her shoes and laid her in bed. I put the covers over her as I kissed her forehead. I made my way to the door. "Bren." She mumbled. "Yes?" I replied. She left a long pause until she answered. "Can you stay with me? I don't want to sleep alone." She asked. I took my hand of the door handle as I walked back to her. "Of course." I said as I carefully sat next to her.

I sat in her bed with my back against her head post with her head on my chest and her arms hugged around me. I had an arm wrapped around her as I stroked her hair until we both fell asleep.

A/N: *Posts chapter a minute before late* 😜😘