Chapter 12: Pain in the Ass Sings the Beatles

Rebecca's POV

I had my head on his chest and a blanket keeping me warm from the bitter cold air. We were in a field. Just lying down with our eyes fixed on the stars. It was silent for a bit. I didn't need to talk to Brendon to enjoy his presence. Just being with him was enough to make me happy. I've never been more content than when I'm with him, but finally he spoke up.

"You know that day I woke up from the accident?" He asked as I felt the vibration his voice gave his chest. I looked up at him. It had been a month or so since that day. "Of corse I do." I smiled up at him as I sank my head back to the comfortable position in his chest. "Why do you ask?" My voice had a simple tone of curiosity. "Well, I was wondering what made you change your mind then on your feelings toward me." He stroked his hand up and down my arm to keep me warm. I smiled at the fact he was asking because I thought the answer was quite obvious.

"Well, Brendon you were kinda on your death bed. It made me look at everything differently. I mean I had to finally put my stubbornness aside as I realized how stupid it was of me to neglect my feelings toward you. When I realized that I never wanted you to leave, because I loved you. Earlier I didn't want to acknowledge my feelings, because I felt I would get hurt again, but I realized it'd hurt much more to never have the chance to love you. I realized how little time we have on this earth, and I wouldn't let my stubbornness get in the way of my time with you."

I brought my gaze back up to him, waiting for his response. He gave me an award winning smile, and kissed my head. "Well, kinda glad I almost died then." He laughed. I squinted my eyes at him while he continued to chuckle. "You're such a pain. You know that?" I smiled. "No, no. You love me. He started to repeatedly kiss my head, and sing "You love me! You love me!" I started giggling. "Brendon stop it!" I tried to say between laughs, but then he started to tickle me. "STOP!" I laughed trying to keep him off of me. He pinned my arms down and smiled as our faces were inches away. He leaned down and kissed me. Instant sparks and butterflies appeared. Every kiss he gives feels like the first. I could never get tired of his lips. He sat up still on top of me but with his arms pulled away. A boastful smile appeared on his face. "Just admit it." He said aware of his charm.

I slapped him in the arm as my blush started to show. "Fine, I do, but you're still a pain though." I smiled. "Aww I'm sorry." He laughed. "No you aren't. Stop lying." I said as he removed himself from on top of me into his previous position. "Okay. True, I do love to annoy you, but come on you look so cute when you're angry. I can't help it!" He placed his arms back around me as I chuckled. "Oh, really!" I said raising my voice a little. He started to laugh even more. "Yes you do!"

I pulled myself up to place a kiss on his lips. "I love you." I said with a smile. "That's what I've been trying to tell you!" He laughed. "You really do know how to ruin a moment don't you?" I tried to hide the smile that was creeping on my face. He pressed his lips against mine again. "I love you too." His lips curved upward showing his beautiful white teeth once more. I could never learn to hate his smile. It always warmed my heart to see him happy.

We laid there again with the noises of the night ringing through our ears. He started to sing a beautiful song that was oh so familiar.

Hey Jude, don't make it bad

Take a sad song and make it better

Remember to let her into your heart

Then you can start to make it better

Hey Jude, don't be afraid

You were made to go out and get her

The minute you let her under your skin

Then you begin to make it better

And anytime you feel the pain, hey Jude, refrain

Don't carry the world upon your shoulders

For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool

By making his world a little colder

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah

Hey Jude, don't let me down

You have found her, now go and get her

Remember to let her into your heart

Then you can start to make it better

So let it out and let it in, hey Jude, begin

You're waiting for someone to perform with

And don't you know that it's just you, hey Jude, you'll do

The movement you need is on your shoulder

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah yeah

Hey Jude, don't make it bad

Take a sad song and make it better

Remember to let her under your skin

Then you'll begin to make it

Better better better better better better, oh

I drifted off into sleep with his voice echoing through my mind. I've never heard a voice quite like his. It was so unique and precious. I don't know why he never told me he could sing. He stroked my hair finishing the song as my eyes became heavy not fighting to stay open anymore.

A/N: I guess I'm late. I've been caught up watching the World Cup lately. Sorry :( but seeing how the US is out (fighting back tears) I'll have more time to write. Oh, and if you didn't know that was Hey Jude By: The Beatles. Which I'm pretty sure you do seeing how it's a really awesome, popularly wonderfully beautiful song!!! Haha hope you loved this chapter! Vote and comment and stuff. I love it when I get comments. :)