A whole ass fish

(A/n: Welp, seems fitting that Y/n and Gwen are going on holiday as I am too. Heading out to The Lake District for a week but I'll still probably end up writing chapters for you fuckers, smh.)

Y/n and Gwen are on the plane to France, Gwen had earlier agreed to not wear her bathrobe on the aircraft and had changed into a normal outfit. Despite not bringing any of her superhero gear: Gwen had still managed to pack a ludicrous amount of things that totalled two whole suitcases. Y/n was trying to sleep which goes about as well as you'd expect when sitting next to Gwen Poole.

Gwen: You awake?

No answer, she pokes him in the cheek. Then she pinches the underside of him arm- still nothing.

Gwen: Alright, here comes the biggie.

She leans across him and whispers gently in his ear.

Gwen: You left the stove on.

Y/n jolts up in his chair, making Gwen giggle. He looks around and swiftly remembers where he is and how he got there.

Y/n: Oh, right. How far away from France are we?

Gwen: An hour or two. You slept through the food but I snuck you a fish.

Y/n: What, like a whole ass fish?

Gwen: A whole ass fish.

Gwen picks up a tray with a whole ass fish on it, neatly placed on the floor and leave it on Y/n's lap.

Y/n: It is a whole ass fish.

By the time Y/n finishes the whole ass fish the plane had landed in France. The best friends exit the aircraft and take in the night air of Paris.

Gwen: We're in Paris!

Gwen squeals before running around in a circle for a short time.

Y/n: What's with you? Never been abroad before?

Gwen: Nope, first time!

She grabs both of her suitcases and runs towards the nearest taxi with Y/n hot in pursuit.

Y/n: Hey, wait!

Cut to Y/n and Gwen getting out of the taxi. Y/n holds his suitcase with relative ease as Gwen struggles with her two extra large bags. Although Gwen cannot see past her luggage: Y/n stares up at a modest but characteristic house that Gwen had rented off of AirBNB.

Y/n: I guess we should go break the home in.

Gwen stumbles a few times on their way to the door which Y/n had the key to, there was no chance in hell he trusted her with it. If Y/n didn't have a spare key to the apartment they'd be living behind a skip by now.

Gwen: What does it look like?

Y/n takes one of Gwen's bags for her so she can actually see the place.

Gwen: Ooh, swanky.

After setting up in their temporary home, they peruse the French Netflix. However, Gwen is extremely picky and they end up going to bed not watching anything. Y/n made sure he appreciated having his own bed for as long as possible. The next morning, they leave early to explore the foreign city.

Y/n: Gwen, you know where you're going, right?

Gwen: No, where's the fun in that?

Y/n: Jesus. Well is there anywhere you're desperate to go?

Gwen: I wanna see the frickin' tower! And museums and stuff.

Y/n: Let's go do that then.

Y/n and Gwen go on a French montage, visiting cafés and looking at the Eiffel Tower various times. They do everything that both of them wanted except visiting The Louvre which they planned to spend tomorrow afternoon on. Later that night, they head back to their rental house. Gwen has Y/n's hand in both of hers.

Gwen: This was fun Y/n, I can't wait for tomorrow.

Y/n: Me neither.

Perhaps it was the cool Paris air or maybe the crickets chirping in the grass. It could have even been the way the porch light illuminated their faces. In any case: the two did not care what influenced them as they drew in for their first proper kiss. It lingered but it felt as though it belonged there. Y/n was the one to break it off once again as he ran out of air.

Gwen: Woah, where did that come from?

Y/n: I have no idea.

Gwen: I... liked it. Wanna do it again?

The following hour consisted of the two exploring this new path with it culminating in them going to bed together. Not in a sexual capacity of course, what they did in fact do was begin the act of sleeping in the same bed.

Y/n: Hey, Gwen? What are we now?

Gwen turns over in their bed and looks at the man opposite her.

Gwen: I think you know what we are. We're the goddamn Marvel power couple.

She kisses the tip of his nose and they both fall asleep. The following day is their first as a couple, they spent the early day doing largely the similar things as the day before (with the inclusion of Y/n stepping in before Gwen could harass the French) as they were saving The Louvre for later on. They ended their afternoon by wandering down an alley for some shade.

Gwen: It's so hot here, I'm gonna drown in my own sweat.

Y/n: Well isn't that lovely.

The moment of brevity is suddenly broken when a group of Frenchmen start harassing them.

Gwen: Average French people.

Y/n: Gwen! No insulting foreigners.

The mood quickly turns sour as the men realise they are being mocked. One whom was holding a bottle smashes it against a wall in order to obtain a jagged weapon of sorts.

Gwen: Get behind me, Y/n. We're gonna need my raw unadulterated skill for this one!

Y/n: We're doomed.

The leader raises the bottle with a swing in mind- however he is stopped as a shiny metal sword rips straight through his chest. He falls dead to the ground and the members of his group quickly flee.

Y/n: Uhh, thanks...

Y/n and Gwen take a second to look at the saviour they were blessed with. She wore a black costume with a matching eyemask alongside a black and red gown over the top. She wore a red hood over her head with some metal armour scattered about her person. The most noteable aspect of her look was the giant sword in her hands with a demonic insignia.

???: Guillotine.

Y/n: Thanks, Guillotine.

Guillotine: I have been looking for the two of you. I hear of your exploits in America and wish for your help while you are here.

Gwen: We're... kind of on vacation.

Guillotine: Please, I am hunting a dangerous vigilante.

Gwen: It's not me, is it?

Guillotine: Not yet. I hunt a Mexican man who travels under the name of Masacre, he is here to kill a mysterious gangster whose name is unknown to me.

Gwen: Alright, why not just let him kill the gangster and then snip him after?

Guillotin: That is not how La Fleur du Mal works.

Y/n: What's La Fleur du Mal?

Guillotine taps her sword with her gauntlet.

Y/n: And here I was thinking we could have a nice vacation in France...