Tag Out

Beast pulls himself to his feet, his legs shaking as he faces his opponent. He is fighting an opponent in the Danger Room, but this is no simulation.

Blob: Take your shot, Fuzzy!

Blob was the last of Magneto's team to breach the X-Mansion, managing to corner Beast in the Danger Room. With the dwindling energy he still has: Hank jumps into a large strike... one that only bounces off of Blob's booted stomach and sends Beast right back onto the floor. Blob sounds an unappealing laugh as he points his finger.

Blob: How many times are you gonna try that?

With the very last ounces of his resolve: Beast comes to his feet a final time. He raises his fists to a sparring stance but is ultimately kicked down for good as Blob charges into him. Blob prepares to stamp upon Hank's head when the door to the Danger Room opens behind him.

Blob: Huh?

Colossus: Hey, gromozdkiy!

Blob grows, turning his attention from Beast to the steel-plated Russian.

Colossus: Beast is tagging out. Pick on someone your own weight!

Elsewhere, Jubilee and Nightcrawler sprint through the halls of the X-Mansion. After a telepathic alarm sent by Xavier: all students were now aware of the current situation. The pair are on a search for anybody they may know. Luckily for them: they seem to find someone.

Y/n: Hey!

Jubilee and Y/n run straight into each other, the latter initiates an unexpected hug.

Jubilee: Y/n, what are you doing?

Y/n: I'm not allowed to be concerned about my girlfriend?

Both Kurt and Jubilee are confused by the response of their human friend. Jubilee attempts to break free of the hug but Y/n has a rather strong grip on her.

Jubilee: Y/n, the hell are you talking about? Is there something we need to tell Kitty?

Y/n: Shit, wrong girl.

Y/n stabs Jubilee in the stomach with a hidden dagger as his skin, hair and clothes morph to reveal the visage of Mystique.

Nightcrawler tackles the villain and teleports the two of them away. As Jubilee bleeds out alone on the floor: she is eventually found by the real Y/n with Logan in tow.

Y/n: Shit, Jubes!

Almost robotically; Logan kneels at her side and begins to put pressure on her wound. She gasps in pain but pulls through, trusting the man's judgement.

Y/n: We heard Kurt scream, what the hell happened?

Jubilee: Stabbed... Mystique...

Wolverine: Don't talk, save your energy. Y/n, go to the infirmary. We need bandages and disinfectant. I'll stay with the kid incase any Brotherhood come this way.

Y/n: Got it.

Y/n leaves. In the courtyard. Magneto and Pyro keep a close eye on Jean and her students, Mystique is obviously no longer with them.

Magneto: Pyro, go and find Juggernaut. He should be back by now.

Pyro: Sure thing, boss.

Pyro vacates the courtyard, leaving Erik to subjugate the children on his own. Jean and the kids are all bound by metal that Magneto had collected from whatever scraps he could. He catches a sour glance from Phoenix- triggering a response.

Magneto: Is there something you would like to say, my dear?

Jean Grey: You're gonna lose.

Magneto: Is that all? Not a particularly original sentiment. Anything else?