Lost soul

(A/N: Hey all! Just wanted to thank everyone for getting me to 1K followers! I'm going to do something special to celebrate but haven't yet decided on something. Feel free to drop suggestions and enjoy todays chapter!)

Y/n, Loki and Thor stand in the Wakandan throne room. Before them sit the elders of the Wakandan tribes as well as Storm, W'Kabi, Okoye, the Queen Mother and finally: the king of Wakanda. Their belongings have been taken from them and they stand in handcuffs.

Loki: Brother, you know could easily break those bonds?

Thor: Etiquette, brother. A concept you would do well to learn.

Loki: I'm pretty sure I have more etiquette than you, brother.

Queen Mother: Cease this!

Ramonda, mother to the king, did not take kindly to Loki's musing. Her powerful voice echoes from her chair. In reaction: the king rises from his chair, slowly walking towards the trio and studying them closely. His fierce eyes momentarily lock with Y/n, filling the American with an acute sense of panic.

King T'Challa: You.

He points to Thor, striding towards the Asgardian with the subtlest of smiles on his face.

King T'Challa: I have fought alongside you countless times. I recognise your moral strength.

Next, he makes for Y/n, less enthusiastic of his character.

King T'Challa: We do not take kindly to outsiders inside Wakanda. Though... you are vouched for.

Y/n's eyes dart to Storm who sneaks a knowing look. Once again: she has saved his ass.

King T'Challa: I am willing to gamble my trust, though you should know...

Being taller than Y/n, he bends down a small amount to meet his eye level. It had been a long time since Y/n last fainted in the face of adversity, but this certainly brought him close.

King T'Challa: You are in the most powerful nation in the world. Many have tried to liberate our resources, their bodies rot in our cells. Understand?

Y/n nods his head rapidly, not wanting to incur the wrath of King T'Challa. Finally, the Wakandan turns his attention the Loki the Jotun.

King T'Challa: As for you: the only reason I do not kill your where you stand is because your brother requests it.

Loki: Aren't I lucky?

The tip of Okoye's spear grazes the stubble on Loki's neck. He smiles through the pain with his usual charisma, though his discomfort is evident.

Okoye: Yes, you are.

Thor: King T'Challa, may we take our leave?

King T'Challa: You may. W'Kabi.

W'Kabi: Yes, my king?

King T'Challa: Accompany...

Storm: Y/n.

King T'Challa: Accompany Y/n to the border.

Storm: What, are you gonna leave him stranded in the middle of the jungle? No, I'll take him home.

Y/n: Storm, you don't have to do that. I mean, this is your vacation isn't it?

Storm: Kurt can get me back here before nightfall, it's not an issue.

Merchant Tribe Elder: It is settled then. Be gone with you.

Storm can later be seen leading Y/n towards the Wakandan border. After crossing into the jungle: she would send him to the X-Mansion via whirlwind.

Y/n: So... you're dating the king of Wakanda?