Aftermath

April 10th

Hermes speeds from kingdom to kingdom to deliver news about the false war and its aftermath. All the kings and their advisors are shocked to read about the sudden mass deaths in Athens and Nemea. When asked about how they died, Hermes said it's still under investigation. The god of messengers purposefully left out the names of Hestia, Theseus, and Takashi.

There's some relief that Eris could no longer harm anyone, but the detailed deaths of Athena, Ares, Phobos, Deimos, Poseidon, and Hephaestus perplex them. They ask why Perseus betrayed Athena and Hermes tells them the whole truth. The nobles sink into their chairs out of disgust for what the former goddess had done.

"I can't believe she would trick us. We will re-write our scrolls about her so everyone will know. They deserve the truth. We will also look into her past actions as well."

Hermes hides a smile that Athena's actions will not go unpunished.

Some kingdoms near the water decide to bolster their fortifications to deter an Atlantean ambush led by Hera. They also praise her name publicly to be on good standing with her.

Hermes heads to Aethiopia next to deliver the news. The guards escort him to meet King Cepheus and Queen Cassiopeia in the throne room. The king and queen bow to him. His jaw then drops. Selene, Andromeda, and Bellerophon are standing near them. He also notices that the princess is holding hands with the demigod. He smiles but has questions of why they're here.

He delivers the news to them. From hearing about Athens, Andromeda clings to Bellero. Although terrified of the news, he swallows his fear to comfort her. He summons a calming sea breeze like aura to fill the room. Andromeda and the others stop trembling.

Hermes finishes up. "I just have to catch up with Bellerophon and Selene real quick."

He shakes hands with Bellero. "I didn't expect you two here. And you got yourself a girlfriend too? When will you two get married?"

The demigod is flustered with blood rushing into his cheeks. "W-W-We're just getting to know each other."

"And I'm enjoying every minute of it", Andromeda adds.

Bellero smiles from hearing that. "Besides, I'm not 17 until next month. Too soon to be married."

"And I will be ready to officiate it. In Aethiopia, 17 is the legal age to get married", Selene jests.

"What?!", his voice rises.

Andromeda squeezes his hand. "Don't worry. We won't get married by then."

"I don't mean to sour this moment, but why are both of you here?"

Selene and Bellero tell him. Hermes grips his staff now knowing that his mother ordered Andromeda's assassination.

Hermes unexpectedly bows to them. "I'm so sorry. Please forgive me."

"It's not your fault, Sir Hermes."

The messenger shakes his head. "I can't let her come after you again."

He takes out some shell earrings and blesses them with aura. He gives them a pair each. "This will grant you further protection from her and the Atlanteans. I must go now."

"Before you go, thank you. If you didn't tell me the truth about Selene, I wouldn't be here", Bellero appreciates.

The messenger god nods before flying off. Andromeda lays her head on the demigod's shoulder. He kisses the top of her head.

"At least we have some peace."

"I would still like to have you as my bodyguard."

"As you wish. I won't let you down."