Foil

At Hera's temple in Samos, Bellerophon is mastering his beastly form as he swims around in a large sphere of water. He hears a knock on the door.

"Bellero! I brought food!", Selene's voice reaches him.

He puts the water back in the tub and shrinks down to his normal size. He taps on the door before a minor scratch on it. She does the same thing. He opens the door and locks it behind her. Bellero summons a sphere of water so they can communicate in private. Her clothes remain dry since the water isn't touching them.

"I know there's unease because of the new alliance, but will they leave with you?"

"I don't know. I don't think she will let them leave."

"There's something you should know."

He tells her about Andromeda's planned assassination. Selene almost sinks to the floor, but he keeps her up.

Selene catches her breath. "Why would she allow that?"

"I think to get on their good side. It's happening tonight."

Selene knows what he's thinking and embraces him. "Just be smart."

"And you're coming with me."

She looks at him.

"You will be safer that way."

"But Argus would know something is up if I left without a reason."

"I thought it over. I needed your help with finding a suitor back home. Be my confidant."

She cracks a smile from the good enough reason. "She will be so lucky to have you, Bellero."

"See? You're doing great already."

She stifles her laugh. "I'm being serious. There's someone for everyone and that includes you."

He rubs the back of his neck with a smile.

"I will let Hera know and I will come to your room. Be ready to leave."

He nods and puts the water back into the tub. His friend leaves and thinks over his strategy with the pufferfish. He knows based on prior research from scrolls what it can do. Speed and precision is key. He had already killed before so it should be easy the second time around.

He prays to himself that this won't be a recurring thing. He doesn't want to think like his father.
He packs up his items and waits for Selene.

He hears her footsteps which gives him relief. Selene is dressed in her priestly outfit and they leave for Aethiopia. She secures a boat at the dockside with the peacock symbol on it, but Bellero investigates to see if it's safe. He brings out his almost invisible wires to take care of a possible threat. He goes underneath and around the boat after checking inside it.

He pops out of the water and raises a thumbs up. They take off for Corinth. Halfway in, Bellero submerges the boat into a bubble to keep the water out. He waves his hands, propelling the boat towards Aethiopia. Selene's eyes are filled with wonder as she sees fish swimming around and the sun above them.

"You are incredible, filos (Greek for friend)!"

"Thanks. It shouldn't take too long......."

They make it to the kingdom within a few hours. He slowly moves the boat above the surface of the water. Selene goes to steer, but Bellero pushes her out of the way.

She is shocked to see Argus' beak through her friend's hand! The peacock symbol is no longer on the outside of the cabin.

Bellero goes to grab him, but the peacock backs off and shows his many eyes. Bellero's eyes get entranced by this beautiful sight. Argus aims with a beak to the heart. Selene goes to hit him with the oar, but it's too fast. Argus and Bellero have gone into the water.

The peacock smiles as his target sinks to the bottom. Now for the disobedient servant.