Reach

A pink portal opens outside the kingdom of Thebes. The guards at the gate jump from the sudden appearance of Hippolyta. The tall, sinewy woman with the presence of Ares' energy adds more fear.

After calming them down, she introduces herself and asks them where to find Heracles.

"Queen Hippolyta, that isn't wise. The prince doesn't want any company", a guard sadly tells her.

"I need to tell him something."

The urgency of her tone has them point in the direction of the nearby forest. They mention the hut on the hill and to be careful of the traps he placed.

She sees the entrance with signs warning anyone to turn back. Crimson aura gently flows out like a steady river to announce her presence. Like hands, she touches the trees, animals, and traps to get to the hut on the hill.

Her aura touches the house...........golden aura doesn't reflect back to her. She withdraws her red energy and pulls it into her legs. Veins strike down her hamstrings, quads, and calves. She crouches down and pushes her feet off the ground.

A single giant leap has her over the trees. She plants her feet on the hill near the house. Heracles' horse rears its front legs from her presence. She comes near and pets its mane to calm him down.

"Shh. Shh."

Her scarlet eyes then fix on the door.  "Heracles?"

No response.

Her feet approach the door-

"Don't come any closer!", he warns.

She lets out a sigh. "I'm not here to chastise you. I want to thank you for returning my belt."

"You're welcome. I'm sorry about your father. Now leave. Please."

"Son of Zeus. I have a message-"

"Leave it at the door, Hippolyta."

Creak. The door shakes before it is ripped off the hinges. Heracles turns in surprise. Her scarlet eyes haunt him for what he did to her sister.

His golden aura flares up to push her back, but she plants her feet.

"Hera was responsible for everything that happened to us!"

His divine energy dies out. The sudden reveal tries to ebb away at his doubt. He walks backwards to put distance between them. Hippolyta stays at the door frame. After allowing a moment to breathe, she tells him the truth while omitting Takashi's name for his promise.

Her soft words explain it all. How Hera had implemented her madness into his son's wooden horse toy and her sister's favorite sword.

His knees sink to the floor in astonishment. The cause of his agony wasn't his fault. The truth eats away at him just like before.

The Amazon Queen's tears drip to the floor. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for blaming you! It wasn't your fault!"

A big part of him wants to close the distance with a tender embrace, but the past rears its ugly head.

"I still did those atrocities. If I was more in control-"

Her strong arms latch around him. "Stop. Stop blaming yourself."

Tears finally leave his sky-blue eyes. His sculpted arms hold her close. The demigods grieve for each other. His hand brushes through her curls for the loss of her father. Her hands rub circles on his large back.

After some time, she puts some space between them while holding his hands.

His pupils waver. "Do....I deserve to see them again?"

She hands him a pouch of love dust. "You do." Her lips plant a soft kiss on his cheek before walking away.

He wants to kiss her back. But the thought of Megara's feelings stops him. "Hippolyta."