Spirit

Aug 29th, 4pm

Little Karisa nibbles on a teething ring while reaching out to the jingling keys.

"She's getting big!", Lisa compliments while holding the toy.

Her small hands keep reaching out to capture the item. Lisa lets her have it when she gets fussy.

"She will be walking right out the door one day."

"Nope", Penny jokes. "Stay small, daughter."

After wiping the drool off of her, she takes her daughter out of the chair to crawl around the baby-proofed living room. Her daughter stops at the table and places a small hand on it.

Lisa and Penny's eyes widen. Karisa rocks back and forth before pushing on her legs. Her mom and pupil clap before she falls on her butt. She doesn't cry as she tries again.

Penelope pulls out her phone to record this moment. "You can do it, little one!"

Lisa cheers while clapping.

Karisa pushes off and stands on her two feet. Her head turns to the clapping.

"That's my daughter! Papa would be so proud!"

Her tiny hands cling to the ends on the table to keep herself up as long as she can. This small act reminded Penny of her husband's spirit. That when things got tough, he pushed through. She fights back the tears that his spirit was broken. 

Karisa falls on her butt. Fussy cries for her mom. She determines she needs a nap. She brings her to her crib and plays a recording near her. Her father's gentle voice about how much he loves her on a loop. Karisa's eyelids close shut.

After putting on the Nannycam, she returns to Lisa who embraces her.

"It's okay. Let it out."

Her honey-brown eyes release her tears. "I hate this. I can feel his sorrow and I can't do much from here. His shame and guilt. I keep praying for his return but that bastard Zeus won't let him go! 

She rubs her back. "I know. I know."

Silence sits around the two mothers.

"Keep praying for him, Penny. You mentioned he could "hear" you."

"He does, but he feels awful. I want to hold him tight and let him know it's not his fault. That I love him with all my heart", she manages to whisper.

Lisa breaks the hug, but holds her hands. "He loves you too. Like Karisa, he won't give up."

A chuckle slips from her lips. "She is like him."

After comforting Penny, Lisa leaves to pick up her son from her grandparents.

Penny takes a deep breath. "Taki, just know that my spirit is with you. Use my words as the calm in your storms."

----

Mt Olympus, 12pm

The Olympian god-king dances in front of Nyx's painting. Powerful, arrogant steps to mock the goddess' attempts to stop him. As he turns, the goddess had enough. The pitch black of the canvas spikes out. Chills run down Zeus' spine from finding pieces of his curly golden locks on the floor. 

A drip to the floor accompanies it. Ichor. He clutches the back of his neck with one hand while sending the painting through a portal. 

"Once I get that mortal's powers, I will wipe you out of existence first."

He waits for his healing factor to kick in.........his blood continues to taunt him. "Damn you, Nyx."

With an electrified palm, he cauterizes the wound. The pain makes his breath hitch, but the bleeding doesn't stop. Tearing off a piece of his white tunic, he applies a makeshift bandage. The god-king storms away from the pain that won't go away.

Meanwhile....

Hephaestus rolls around to process what was told to him. His one chance to find Aphrodite is now with Demeter, leaving him with less options to try. 

Orpheus, Narcissus, and Medea would be child's play for her.

His control over weapons and metal wouldn't have any effect on the goddess attuned to nature. With a summoned orb of fire, he takes a course of action.....

---

Atlantis

The fish maiden continues to wipe down her fallen master's throne, expecting him to return one day.

"Come on, Psari, you can do better", she tells herself repeatedly.

The eel captain swims by and notices her actions. Her fins tremble from how long she's been at the same chore.