Reconnect

Hephaestus stops his fall with his sword in the dark depths. His mind is focused on retrieving Takashi to question with his tools why Aphrodite's aura was given to him.

The envy that he has a piece of her instead of him isn't enough to settle his fatigue. All the mental and physical torture weighs heavy on his entire body. Even with one remaining slot of Zeus' power, it won't be enough to overcome his aunt Demeter.

From the glowing orange of his sword, he teleports through the flames of his shop. His armored body collapses to the floor with a heavy thud. His staff of Cyclops remove his armor to help him into his bed. He wanted to refuse their help but he's too tired to lift a finger.

"Just rest, my lord."

The fire god rests into his firm bed with a heavy sigh. The broken mirror next to his bed only reminds him of his legs. What was originally a gift to see the beauty of his former wife at any time is now a curse.

His orange eyes blink. Every time he blinks, he imagines that turquoise woman calling out to him. Heavy tears leave his eyes. A woman who actually loves him, but his fear reminded him that she would fall out of love one day. Just like Aphrodite.

He grips his bedsheets. It won't be the same. Aphrodite will love me if it's the last thing I do.

Pink and orange streaks of light shrink from the coming of night.

No matter how much he tries, he can't fall asleep.

----

A tarp of tension pins itself to the city of Athens. By the decree of Athena, men, women, and children carry knives in case the destroyer of Ithaca attacks them. Children stifle their tears with parents reassuring them that the Just Athena will protect them.

When Ithaca was destroyed along with the other gods, Thebes and other cities reached out to the goddess for help. The servants of Hermes, Ares, Dionysus, Apollo, Hestia, and Hera submit themselves to her for guidance. While the servants of Artemis and Aphrodite aid her servants in searching for the foreigner

With her aura, she gave them weapons, resources, and the promise that she will capture the murderer. 

She smiled to herself that her siblings are out of the way. More people praising her name above the others. Her silver armor shines from their chants and affirmations of her wisdom. Her father would be pleased if he never knows that she's hiding his beloved Trojans out of sight.....

The goddess of wisdom pets her mechanized owl on her assigned seat in the temple. A servant wearing a white tunic runs and bows to her.

"Status report?"

"There was a fight at Megara regarding Takashi Watanabe and....."

The hesitation of finishing makes Athena use her helmet. She stops her jaw from dropping. Demeter is helping that stranger? Why after what he did?

"W-What should we do, my goddess?", her female servant asks.

"Demeter might be holding him hostage for her gain. Fighting her without knowing is out of the question."

She nods at her owl who flies out to Eleusis to report any new changes. "Rest now, my faithful servants."

"We thank you for your kindness", they say in unison.

Athena retires for the night with a prideful smile. Once I get him, I can tell father to elevate my standing. To be the main goddess everyone can rely upon, including Aethiopia.

She summons the totem of Hephaestus to contact him. "Brother, are you awake?"

"Athena, what do you want?", the fire god's voice comes out gruff from his defeat.