chapter-0८

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ACT 1.— SCENE 8.

Third Person's POV

The five siblings stood at the entrance of the hut. Arjun proceeded to enter first. Kunti sat on the floor and did her pooja as Arjun began to speak. "Mother, look at the daan we have brought for you." he happily said as Nakul smiled.

 "Haan mata, Bhrata Arjun ke bhagya khul gaye aisa daan pakar." Yashaswani looked around to find Sahadev but was unable to. 

'Maybe he is busy.' she thought.

"How many times have I explained to you that no one has any right over the daan that has been received, it has to be shared by the five of you and if you find Gaurangi tell her to fill the pots with water." she ordered. 

The brothers were perturbed by their mother's words, Yashaswani looked at Yudhishtir and urged him to say something before Kunti would say something that would be inappropriate. 

"Mata, at least look at the daan that Arjun has received." Yudhishtira said, hoping his mother would understand the urgency in his voice.

"Haven't I said, share whatever daan you have received." she ordered while Panchali stood there numb.

"Mata!" Yashaswani screamed. Listening the pain and anger in her voice, Kunti immediately turned and she saw a girl wearing varmala (garland) appearing behind Arjun. Realization dawned on her making the aarti thali  fall from hands.

"Mata, how could you command us to do such a sin?" Arjun questioned, his eyes holding pain. "I have received a wife as a daan. You have received a putravadhu (daughter-in-law)."

"Why did you call her a 'daan'?" Kunti cried out.

"Mata, if this is not daan then what is it? It was the daan of a daughter. You taught us that in the world, the giver binds the one who asks, only the daan of a daughter opens the fate of man. With this intention, Nakula said that the fate of Bhrata Arjun has been opened." Arjun answered. 

Draupadi staggered back and left the hut, Yashaswani looked towards her mother. Her eyes showing only anger and disappointment.

"You could have at least looked, Mata." she began. "Because those who have the right to give orders do not have the right to remain ignorant." she took a few deep breaths to calm herself and left to search for Panchali.

She saw that Panchali sat on a rock and was sobbing hysterically. The moon-faced princess couldn't feel but blame herself for this, if only she had interfered nothing like this would have happened. Gaurangi crouched in front of the fire-born princess and kept her hand over Panchali's.