chapter-१९

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ACT 2.— SCENE 8.

Third Person's POV

Taking the permission of her Jyeshth, Yashaswani reached Dvarka with a curious mind.

'Who were they?' she thought. 'And why did I dream of them?'

"We are here Rajkumari." the charioteer said as without wasting any time Yashaswani got off the chariot and made her way towards the palace entrance only to be stopped Satyaki.

"Sakhi," he cheerfully said. "It's been a quiet a few months since you visited us and now you are standing here. You didn't inform me, we would have welcomed you grandly." Yashaswani looked around, looking for any sight of Krishna.

" Satyaki, please tell me where Moha-Yadukul Shreshtha is. I have a very important matter to discuss." she said, her eyes searching for her Mohana. Satyaki coughed lightly.

"Of course I know that you have very important matters to discuss." he teased. Yashaswani looked at him with narrowed eyes. She swatted his arm playfully.

"Stop teasing me and tell me where Yadukul Shreshtha is." she asked.

"Well, he is walking in royal garden, looking around as if waiting for someone." he said rubbing his arm slightly as if he were in pain. Yashaswani huffed as she ran in the direction of the royal garden. She could see the Murlidhar pacing alone in the garden of flowers. Her anklets tinkled as she moved towards Krishna. Krishna without turning knew that it was his priya who was standing behind him, a smile adorned his face.

"Tum aa gayi, priye?" he said as a wave of Deja vu washed over Yashaswani.

"How did you know?" she asked as he turned.

"Ab Kanha ko uski Priya ke baare mein gyaat na hoga toh kise hoga?" he cheekily said.

He looked into her eyes. "You look impatient. What happened?" he asked.

"Oh yes!" she bit her lip childishly. "I had a dream and..." she began telling him about her dream like a child talking about his favorite toy.

"What do you think it meant?" she asked as by now Krishna had a frown on his face and a forlorn look in his eyes.

"I don't know, priye." he lied straight through his teeth and Yashaswani could see through it. 

 Before she could interrupt Dau came running towards Krishna with a scroll in his hands while Krishna closed his eyes, his eyes now covered with happiness. Dau was about to say but then he saw the presence of Yashaswani, his eyes widened and now held a perplexed look.

"Pranipat Dau." Yashaswani cheerfully greeted but Dau said and made eye contact with Kanha, he nodded at him. Dau gulped as he brought out the scroll.

"Kanha tumahre liye Vidarbha rajya se patra aaya hai." Kanha faintly smiled with a look of amusement in his eyes not .

"Kya likha hai Dau?" he asked, a smirk on his face. Dau gulped.

"Vidarbha ki Rajumari tumse vivah karne ki pratharna kar rahi hai. Her brother Rukmi is forcefully getting her married to Shishupal but she is madly in love with you and doesn't want to marry him. The decision is up to you, Kanha." Dau said as Kanha faintly smiled.

Dau turned to look at Yashaswani, who looked stone cold. She couldn't understand why she was feeling this deep sinking feeling upon hearing Krishna's marriage, why was she feeling weirdly happy yet sad. Her heart was happy, but her lips adorned a frown.

"Why aren't you answering Dvarikapati?" she asked, Krishna felt amused upon her calling him Dvarikapati because she only calls him by this title when she is angry.

"Do I really need to answer Rajkumari?" Krishna answered. "She loves me that was all I needed to know. All I needed was an acceptation, so Dau-" Dau looked at him with a scared look.

"--write a letter to Vaidarbhi and tell her that her Krishna would fulfill her wish for he loves her too." Dau nodded. He stood near Krishna and muttered," You're playing with fire Kanha, I would suggest you stop it if you wish to see another day." Krishna kept smiling.

"Parthvi are you fine?" Dau asked before leaving. She smiled at him.

"Why wouldn't I be Dau?" she honestly answered. "I have met Vaidarbhi once or twice and from what I have gathered, she is a sweet and innocent person who deserves to be with the man she loves." Dau smiled at her words, he patted her shoulder and left to write the shoulder.

"What are you smiling at?" she asked to a very smiley Kanha, who just couldn't stop smiling. "That poor girl must be waiting for you, Narayan only knows of how many tears she has shed for you,"

"Trust me, priye, Narayan does now about her tears." Madhavi scrunched her face at his words.

"Will you leave now, or should I drop you off at Vaidarbha?"

"Will you let me bask me in the happiness of being with two priyatama's."

"I am not married to you." she pointed out.

"Not for long." he whispered and left, leaving a blushing Yashaswani behind.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───