chapter-२९

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ACT 2.— SCENE 18.

Third Person's POV

The chariot approached the border of Dvarika, Yashaswani could see people showering petals on their path and chanting their name. It warmed her heart to know that the people were accepting her as their own. She looked around Mokshapuri, 'it hasn't changed a bit,' she thought as she looked at its grandeur. Satyaki stopped the chariot at the main gate and got off. She could spot the ashtabharyas, Subhadra, Deviki, Rohini, Vasudev and Revati at the main gate for her welcome with Balram and rest of the army behind them.

Krishna got off and offered her his hand which she gratefully took and got off. They interlinked their hands and walked to the main gate where Mata Devaki stood with the aarti plate. She touched the elder's feet for blessings.

"It was about time you came back putri," Devaki lovingly said, her eyes watering at the sight of bruises. Yashaswani smiled at her, her mind thinking about her own mother, but she brushed the thought off, wanting to enjoy the present moment. Devaki did her and Krishna's aarti. Once done, Yashaswani turned towards the ashtabharyas who were smiling at her. She instantly went and hugged them. The nine of them did exchange letters but very seldom did they meet. The soul sisters hugged each other tightly, enjoying each other's embrace.

"You do realize that you are late," Satyabhama scolded. Yashaswani meekly smiled at her words.

"Let her be Jiji, she must be tired from the journey," Nagnajiti smiled.

"You should go and rest for tomorrow your wedding has to be held," Rukimini teased, making the warrior princess blush.

"Come, I will take you to chambers," Mitravinda offered.

"What about me?" Yashaswani turned to see Subhadra pouting. Yashaswani chuckled and pulled her into a hug.

"Thank you Bhadra," Yashaswani whispered. Subhadra broke the hug and looked at Yashaswani scoldingly.

"You, my sister, have nothing to thank me for. I just did the job of a messenger," Yashaswani smiled at her.

"Still Bhadra, you came all the way from Indraprastha to Dvarika, I don't know how to thank you enough,"

"You have nothing to thank me for bhabhishree," Subhadra teased, "Or should I call mamishree," Suddenly everyone went silent and looked at Subhadra expectedly.

"Yes," she softly muttered answering their unasked question. Everyone cheered and rejoiced at the good news they have received.

"Does he know?" Yashaswani couldn't help but ask.

"He will."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───