chapter-३५

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ACT. 3 — SCENE 3.

Third Person's POV

One by one, Yudhishtira lost all his brothers to Shakuni, hence making them their das (slaves). The addiction of the game was so much that the Dharmaraj couldn't help but gamble himself. Eventually he lost himself too. Duryodhan strode arrogantly towards the impoverished, former ruler of Aryavart and kicked the throne he was sitting on. "Servants aren't supposed to sit on thrones! Go where you are supposed to be!"

"Mere bacche, the game isn't over yet." Shakuni slyly said.

"Das Yudhishtira still has two very important gems of his life safe." tearful eyes met Shakuni's devious ones.

"Drupad Kanya Panchali and his beloved sister, Yashaswani."

"SHAKUNI! Stay within your limits, or else I won't think twice before killing you." Devavrat was beyond angry now.

He closed his eyes and recited a mantra. Immediately, a bow started materializing in his hands. Pulling the bowstring, he aimed it at Soubal. "LEAVE THE GAME NOW!" Everyone was surprised.

"Tatshree! Sit down. Seems like old age has made you forgetful. You promised to stand in the favor of my sons, remember?" Dhritarashtra reminded, making Devavrat recall his trade with his nephew.

He lowered his weapon and slouched down on his throne, dispirited.

"Panchali and Parthvi are faultless, bhrata Duryodhan. They don't deserve to be staked like treasury."

"Do as you are told!" Duryodhan exclaimed, his mind only understanding one word: revenge.

"Jyeshth! If you stake Yashaswani or Draupadi in this game today, I swear that I shall burn those righteous hands of yours!" Bheema sealed a vow, while Dharmaraj picked up the dice. Yashaswani was gambled against Dushala while on the other hand Panchali was gambled against Bhanumati, the queen consort of Duryodhan.

Ignoring the wails of his brother, Dharmaraaj played his turn. The match went on for a while which was now making Duryodhan jumpy.

"Mamashree..." 

"Have patience, mere bacche. Daanv shighrata mein nahi jeete jaate. (The stakes are not won in haste.)" he answered knowing what his question was going to be. Both of them rolled their dice as everyone watched in anticipation.

"Biduhu."

Just when the game began interesting, Shakuni began throwing numbers that were undefeatable.

"All of my merus in their houses, das Yudhishtir." Dharmaraj slammed his fist on the table. He looked up at Shakuni with pure hatred in his eyes and snatched the dice from his hands.