chapter-३२

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ACT 2.— SCENE 20.

Third Person's POV

At Hastinapur

"Mamashree this was your big plan?!" Duryodhan exclaimed. "To get me humiliated in front of everyone!"

"Mere bacche, calm down." Shakuni tried to console.

"Didn't you see those rascals?! And that Dasi Yashaswani, she is untouchable now! She will get married to that gwala and make all of us her servants!!" Duryodhan exclaimed.

"Mere bacche, trust your Mamashree." Shakuni said an evil grin forming on his face. "This time everything will be yours bacche, everything will be yours. This time we will bring the downfall of Pandu Family."

"Bringing your own doom along with it." Krishna gravely said as he swayed on the swing.

One week later

After doing the daily chores, Subhadra being pregnant was resting in her chambers while Draupadi sat with Yudhishtira on her singhasan (throne) along with Yashaswani, who sat on her seat of Mahamantri (prime-minister).

The grieved citizens came and went after getting their problems solved."Samrat ki jai ho!" the guard entered, holding a scroll in his hand. "Hastinapur has a message for you."

Yudhishtira waved his hand indicating for the guard to read it while Draupadi and Yashaswani exchanged nervous glances, knowing that nothing good comes out of that palace.

"May the Chakravartin Samrat live long!" he read the salutations. "The palace of Hastinapur humbly requests the royal family of Indraprasth to grace the Hastinapur by their arrival for a game of dice. The ceremony is being organized by the crowned prince Duryodhan as a token of respect towards the honorable emperor. We hope his majesty would be kind enough to accept this modest invitation.Pranipat."

The paricharak folded the parchment neatly into a roll as Dharmaputra now looked into a great thought.

"You can't accept the invitation, Jyeshth." Yashaswani bluntly said making everyone look at her. "The game of chausar is nothing but gambling which is considered to be a sin for a king."

"She is right. We should not accept the invite, Arya." Panchali said as she looked at her husband.

"I am afraid Samragyi." Mahamuni Vyas spoke up. "Declining the game of dice is equivalent to invoking a war against a kingdom."

"But isn't it gambling a sin Mahamuni?" Yashaswani countered. "And Duryodhan's hatred for us is no secret, what if he tries to avenge his insult?"

"You are saying yatharth, Parthvi but is it appropriate for a Maharaj to refuse the invitation of his Tatshree? It would call upon destruction over the Bharat lineage."

"Munishreshth is right, Parthvi. We must attend the ceremony to avoid unfortunate circumstances in future."

"But jyeshth, Panchali and Parthvi aren't wrong either. Bhrata Duryodhan's intentions have never been pure towards us." Arjun said, defending the queens.

"Also, Subhadra is expecting, we can't bring her along with us." Yashaswani reasoned, her mind only concerned about the health of Krishnaanuja.

"Very well in that case, Panchali and Dharmaa would be the only ones accompanying us to Hastinapur.

Since Panchali is the empress and Dharmaa is not only the Mahamantri but also the kulputri of Hastinapur and also about to get married. Their presence is necessary at such events." Yudhishtira said, his face devoid of any worries.

Meanwhile, Sahadev sat on his seat, eyes closed tightly as he gripped the seat tightly foreseeing the humiliation that will happen in Hastinapur.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───