chapter-४७

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ACT. 4 — SCENE 8.

Third Person's POV

After Abhimanyu's marriage, there was a royal festival, and everyone was pleased that the son of Arjuna was united with the daughter of Maharaja Virata. The next day all the Kings, who had assembled for Yudhishtira's cause, came to Virata's imperial court to discuss future plans. The assembly consisted of Maharaja Virata, Maharaja Drupad and the Pandavas. From the Yadu house came the princes, Satyaki, Balarama and Krishna. Abhimanyu was present as well as the sons of Draupadi, appearing like their fathers in prowess. Drupada's sons and Virata's sons were also seated in the court.

Yashaswani along with Draupadi and Vatsala also sat towards the back of the court, a thin curtain separating them.

[bold represents the conversation between women and the normal text represents the conversation among the men in the court.]

"Now that everyone is here," Maharaj Drupad began. "If the King of Matsya permits us, then we can begin planning for war against Kauravas."

"War?" Krishna questioned. "It is not right talk about war at this juncture."

"What are saying Madhusudan?" Dhrishtadyum questioned.

"I haven't said anything as yet, Dhrishtadyum." Krishna calmly said. "But I do intend to say something."

"I too know the history of the Kauravas and the Pandavas. I know of Shakuni's treachery in the game of dice and I also know what all Dharmaraj lost because of his treachery. I know about their exile and I also know about their year of anonymity. The Pandavas who can win both heaven and earth wandered in forest without protesting just to keep their word. They spent the thirteenth year as servants in the palace of Matsya Naresh."

"Yet you think war is not right, Vasudev?" Shikhandi asked as he looked at Krishna skeptically.

"Rajkumar, a war should be a last resort. The last option." Krishna reminded. "Maharaj Yudhishtira is yet to inform Hastinapur Naresh that they have fulfilled the condition and they should get back Indraprastha."

"Do you think Dhritarashtra is just waiting sitting in their father's throne for Dharmaraj to ask him to return the kingdom." Virata argued.

"I am not Dhritrarashtra's spokesperson, naresh. All I am suggesting is that first Maharaj Yudhidhtira's ambassador should go there."

Draupadi looked at Yashaswani , searching for answers if she knew about all this and Yashaswani could do stare ahead. She knew that Draupadi wanted revenge, so did she but at what cost? She couldn't let innocents die in the name of revenge. If stopping the war made her swallow her pride and forgive those sinners, then be it. She would rather let herself burn in her revenge than let anyone sacrifice themselves for her.