chapter-३०

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ACT 2.— SCENE 19.

Third Person's POV

The loud trumpets could be heard as the Pandavas walked in with Draupadi and Kunti following them back in the palanquin. Flowers were showered on them, but all Yudhishtira could care for his was his sister. His eyes pained to see her, see if she is alright, if she is happy.

"She must be alright Jyeshtha," Bheem said. Yudhistira didn't respond, he silently touched the feet of Vasudev, Devaki and Rohini. The Pandavas then took the blessings of Balrama, who looked elated on seeing them in Dvarika. Then they proceeded to Dvarikapati, who pulled them into a hug.

"I know who you are searching," Krishna mischievously smiled, he then moved apart and there she stood. Wearing a golden lehenga choli, ornaments decorating her figure from her head to toe. The brothers could still see the faint bruises, perhaps caused by the chains on her neck and wrists but they couldn't ignore was the happiness on her face, ever since their father's demise, it was a rare occasion to even see her smiling but here she was looking like their same five-year old sister, who could infect people with her happiness. The brothers wasted no time and pulled her into a tight hug.

"I am sorry," she mumbled.

"You don't have to be Dharmaa," Yudhishtira said the six of them broke the hug. "If anything, we are happy for you and Madhav which is why we are here to fix your marriage date,"

"Then we shall proceed," Vasudev said as they proceeded to the sabha with a priest who was analyzing the kundali of Krishna and Yashaswani. The families sat with the ladies behind the veil looking at the ordeal.

"Brahmanraj, what have you decided," Vasudev questioned.

"All thirty-six gunas are matching," the priest commented making everyone smile.

"So, when is the auspicious date to begin the wedding?" Yudhishtira questioned.

"The most auspicious date would be two months from now Samrat," The priest said making Yudhishtira smile.

"That's good it will give us ample of time to prepare for the wedding,"the brothers nodded in agreement.

"Two months?" Yashaswani whispered. "How will I wait for two months?"

"Oh, you will, trust me these two months will pass away in the blink of an eye and before you know, you would be married," Kunti said, caressing her daughter's face, noticing the visible blush on her face after listening the word marriage.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Later in the evening Yashaswani sat in the couch of her room, thinking of the recent days that felt like a dream.

'So, it is happening,' she thought, the smile not wavering from her face. It has been years since she has smiled so much, and she didn't mind it at all.

"Rajkumari, Dvarikapati wishes to see you," one of her hand maidens announced, while the rest of them were preparing for her leave to Indraprastha, the very next day.

"Send him in," she ordered. Krishna entered the room, a charming smile on his face. Yashaswani dispersed all of our hand-maidens and then turned to Dvarikapati.

"When did you start asking for permissions to enter my chamber?" she questioned. Krishna sheepishly smiled.

"Until we are married, I have to." he shrugged. Yashaswani smiled at his words.

"No, you don't to because I have already taken you as my husband, my soul is yours, all yours," Krishna took her hands in his.

"When did my Radhe, started being so bold about her feelings,"

"When she realized that she might lose you if she didn't," Yashaswani grimly said.

"Well, it's a good thing that I have a tendency to be the savior," Yashaswani rolled her eyes at his words making Krishna chuckle.

"So, you are leaving," Krishna whispered, his hands still not leaving hers, fearing that she might disappear.

"I am." Yashaswani mumbled. The smile wiped out from Krishna's face.

"I wish you didn't," he muttered, a teasing smile made its way up on Yashaswani's face.

"Don't tell me that Dvarikapati is sad," Krishna lightly smiled at her words.

"It's just--I wish you didn't, I wish you stayed right next to me, all my life,"

"It's just two months dear and then I am yours and it's not as if that there Gandhar Raj can do anything about it now," Krishna didn't respond to her words.

"Come on," she tugged his hand, Krishna removed his crown and proceeded with her towards the balcony. Yashaswani stood at the balcony, the breeze making her open tresses dance and her earrings tinkle. Krishna stood behind herm his arms snaking around her waist as he rested his head on her shoulder.

"Whenever you miss me, just remember that even if we aren't together at least we look at the same moon," Yashaswani said, her face glowing under the moonlight. Krishna nuzzled his face in her shoulder as they spent the whole night in each other's embrace.

The next day, the Pandu family along with Subhadra, who had already shared the arrival of a newborn, departed towards Indraprastha. It felt as if everything was perfect, everyone was happy, and nothing seemed to go wrong but when has anything worked in their favor.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───