chapter-४४

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ACT. 4 — SCENE 5.

Third Person's POV

Yashaswani carefully (tried to) walked down the stairs with Aadrika on her hip and a plate of ladoos on her other hand while trying to make sure that she doesn't trip over her skirt. She mentally prayed to her Narayan, begging him make sure that she doesn't trip. It seemed like Narayan had heard pleas as Kanha appeared in front of her. He took--more like snatched the plate of from her hands.

"Do you have a wish for an early death my dear?" he asked as he took her hand and guided her down the stairs. 

"Well--" Yashaswani trailed off but seeing his stern gaze she immediately shut up. 

"No." she quietly said. Krishna sighed.

"Dear there are so many people who could've helped in bringing the plate, who do you have to do yourself, huh? What if you would've tripped?" he questioned. She kept her gaze at the floor, with a look of sad puppy on her face.

"I am sorry." she said in a small voice.

"Why don't you go and help Subhadra in deciding the clothes for Abhimanyu's ceremony or help Satya in arranging the army or you can even help Rukmani in choosing the jewelry for Uttara. Why not engage yourself in something that doesn't get you hurt?" Yashaswani pouted lightly.

"It's just--you know what never mind." 

"What priye?" he softly asked.

"It's just I am going to meet my brothers after thirteen years. Thirteen years, which they spent in a forest and I, in a palace surrounded by luxuries. You remember how bhrata Bheem loved my ladoos. Specially Sutasoma, which is why I made these ladoos. In fact, I have even kept some manuscripts given to me by you when you taught me dharma-gyan for Prativindhya, I have heard that Shatainik has mastered in vyuha planning under the guidance of his uncle, even Shrutasena and Shrutakarma have mastered weapons like their fathers, so I have asked Satyaki to bring me the finest weapons for my nephews." Yashaswani's eyes glossed. "I am just trying to make up for the thirteen years I have lost with them." Kanha caressed her cheek. 

"I know priye but don't worry it's only a matter of few days before you meet them." She smiled at his words. Their moment was cut short when they saw their little prankster slowly extending her hands towards the ladoos on the plate. 

Yashaswani and Krishna silently gazed at their daughter. Aadrika stopped midway because of the silence and looked at her parents, who were staring at her with an amused look on their face. She nervously gave them a toothy smile. Yashaswani and Krishna giggled at smile, Yashaswani planted a raspberry at her face.