chapter-२२

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ACT 2.— SCENE 11.

Third Person's POV

Yashaswani stood along with Kunti on the railing while Draupadi and Yudhishtira sat on the aasan beside Maharishi Dhaumya, who handed-the-soon-to-be-Samrat clarified butter for argh. The whole sabha rose from their seats when Yadukul Shreshth graced the ceremony with his entrance. Yashaswani turned to look at her Mohana, their eyes met briefly, pure love glistening in them. She smiled softly at him which he returned with his infamous smile.

A golden throne was placed near one of the kunds for Madhav himself. His eyes met Shakuni's as he walked up to his seat. A confident smirk was plastered on his face as he looked at Gandhar Naresh. His feet left a vibrating sensation on the ground for Gandhar Naresh who was unfortunately placed next to Madhav. It surfaced up the fear in Gandhar Naresh's heart he never knew he felt.

"Pranipat Mamashree." Krishna said in a deep thundering voice while Shakuni shuddered slightly at it. Struggling with his fear, Shakuni forgot to greet Devkinandan back. Krishna smirked at him, seeing the Shakuni's bewildered expression Yashaswani wanted to laugh, who was also observing the whole ordeal from above.

"Kya hua mamashree, mrityu ka padchaap sunayi de gaye kya?" Krishna teased, hurting Shakuni's ego intentionally.

"Nahi Vasudev. Those were the trumpets of triumph that my ears were enjoying. Trumpets of my Dur-yo-dhan's triumph." He said his fingers dancing at his nephew's name, indirectly placing a challenge in front of Lakshmikanta.

He stood up and limped closer to Vasudevnandan, trying to imitate him. "Vanvasiyon ke haath mein rajya ki bhaagdor shobha nahi deti." he taunted only for Krishna chuckle at him.
Shakuni's nostrils flares at the sight of his arch-nemesis laughing at him. Krishna stopped abruptly, leaving him hanging with his awkward chortle.

"Parampurush Ramchandra ne Lanka pe vijayi vanaron ki sena se hi prapt ki thi." he whispered in a deep voice. He joined his hands and proceeded towards his throne. What seemed like a normal peaceful conversation to others, only Yashaswani knew that it was the dangerous game of knives between the two masterminds.

"I dare you to step into the battleground, Krishna. Because there, I will emerge as victorious, or no one will." Soubal threatened. Yashaswani perked her brow at Gandhar Raj, feeling amused that he had the audacity to challenge Yadukul Shreshth, who has defeated his uncle, the mighty king of Mathura; Kans, at the mere age of 11.

Shakuni's resolve was as firm as iron and motives blacker than the moonless nights.

"Let it begin," Narayan blew his conch from his heavenly abode which only Shakuni, Krishna and Yashaswani heard.

Shakuni staggered a few steps back with fear, Krishna smirked at him while Yashaswani looked around confused not understanding of why she heard that sound. The beginning of the end now began.