chapter-३३

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ACT. 3 — SCENE 1.

Third Person's POV

Shakuni and Duryodhan laughed devilishly as the week passed away and the day of ceremony arrived. Yuvraj had kept the Samrat's roll of affirmation safe and sound in a small chest as a souvenir, to remind himself of the nights he burnt in vengeance.

Their vicious plan to ruin the Pandu family was climbing towards success.

"Hey kuldevta! Raksha kijiye." (Hey kuldevta! Protect us.) the empress muttered as she sat inside her palki (palanquinn) while the Haripriya couldn't remove the nagging feeling from her heart that was something wrong was bound to happen.

The royal family of Hastinapur were greeted grandly. The Kauravas seemed to have accepted their defeat and looked as if they were now ready to look past their differences through the game of chausar  (a board game played with oblong dice) and all of this seemed highly suspicious to Yashaswani.

Every time the Kauravas were good, it led to a backstabbing attack from them, and she wasn't the only one who was suspicious of their behavior, Arjun, Nakul, Bheema and Panchali were also stunned by the sweet behavior of Karavas. Yudhishtira on the other hand was happy to see that his family was ready to reconcile while Sahadeva on the other hand couldn't even bring himself to meet anyone's eyes knowing that he knows the beholding cruel future.

After reconciliation, the rules of dyut (gambling) game were being announced at the royal court. All the family members were seated on their respective thrones, as the wicked trio read out the conditions for placing bets to Yudhishtira.

All the royal ladies of Kuruvansh, including Yashaswani were forbidden from entering the court except the dasis (hand-maiden), who would be serving drink and foods to the monarch. For the bets, they had to bet something on which the gambler had rights and was the reason of their pride.

"Samrat prasann ho!" (May the Emperor be pleased!) Shakuni said as his evil grin made way on his face. 

"Shall we begin?" he smirked as he saw Kunti, Draupadi and Yashaswani leaving the court. Before leaving the court Yashaswani and Soubal's eyes met, the latter's eyes held some sort of happiness that Yashaswani couldn't put on her finger on. The happiness in his eyes seemed wrong, the happiness was not of reconciliation between the families, it was of victory; victory over something he has been battling for years.

Yudhishtira nodded at his uncle, his face beaming for he was also addicted to the game of dyut (gambling) as well.

"What would you like to stake?" and the game of destruction commenced.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───