chapter-१८

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ACT 2.— SCENE 7 .

Third Person's POV

It had been ten years since Arjun's exile. Draupadi gave birth to Sutasoma, Shatainik and Shrutasena respectively. On the other hand the Yudhishthira's rule was expanding, Bheem, Nakul and Sahadev conquered most of Aryavart while Yashaswani handled the politics of the kingdom. Every once in a while, she used to go Dvarka to meet Krishna but nowadays her work load was so much that she couldn't even get time for herself to sleep.

Yashaswani let out a screech as she rode her horse at the southern boundaries of the kingdom. She rode her horse at a lightning speed, she felt like a bird who was flying up and up with wind caressing her face making her earrings dance with happiness. She saw that a chariot was stuck, she stopped her horse and got off it. She moved a few steps further to see Angraj desperately trying to remove the wheel of his chariot. She sighed, a part of her wanted for him to suffer but she knew that it was wrong, just because her brothers couldn't get along with him doesn't mean she has to be an enemy to him.

She stood next to Angraj Karn. "Looks like the mighty warrior is in peril." she teased with a smile on her lips.

Karn turned towards her as his eyes widened softly. "Pranipat Rajkumari." he greeted, she smiled politely at him. 

"Pranipat Angraj." she greeted as he started to get his chariot out again.

"Let me help you." she said as she stood next to him while he looked at her surprised. "You want to help me?"

"No, I don't. I want to help this poor chariot who is stuck in here. So shall we?" she asked as he nodded with a faint smile on his face. Both of them pushed the chariot with enormous pressure, their teeth clenched as they pulled the chariot wheel off the mud. Yashaswani dusted off her clothes as Karna looked at her gratefully.

"Thank you Rajkumari." he honestly said. "I have heard of your valor, your helpfulness and your wit but I witnessed it by my own eyes and I must say that I am not disappointed."

"If you think that I have helped you, then you are wrong Angraj." she sharply said making his smile falter. "I know that the sufferings that my family had to suffer by the hands of your beloved mitra(friend) were known to you, yet you chose to keep your mouth shut. I only helped you because ek manushya ka dusre manushya ki sahayta karna uska dharm hai. That's it."  she started to walk away.

"Stop, Rajkumari." Angraj said as Yashaswani stopped but didn't turn. "Maybe you didn't help Karna but then this human also has a right to thank you. So as a manushya who feels indebted by your help, thank you Yashaswani and I am not saying this as Angraj karn but as Sootputra Karna." Yashaswani said nothing and walked away.