chapter-१0

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ACT 1.—SCENE 10.

Third Person's POV

Yashaswani brushed Draupadi's hair while the latter sat on the seat, her legs pacing up and down out of disquietude. Sensing the anxiety, Yashaswani tried to lighten the mood.

"You know sakhi, Bhrata Bheem once dipped bitter gourd in sugar syrup." she began. Draupadi looked up at the princess. 

"Why?"

"He thought that keeping it in the syrup would make it's taste sweeter." Yashaswani answered. Draupadi started forgetting her worries and got engrossed in the story.

 "Phir jab unhone usse khaya toh ve kadwa nikla tab maine unhe sujhav bataya. Ki jaise loha-lohe ko katata hai vaise hi kadwa-kadwe ko katata hai."

"What did he do then?" she eagerly asked.

"What did he do?" Yashaswani scoffed. "He kept in the mud."

"What?!" Draupadi gagged a bit. "Did he eat it?"

"Of course, he did." Yashaswani mischievously said. 

"What happened then?"

"Nothing much, he just couldn't eat anything for the next month." Draupadi burst out laughing.

"Wait, did I tell you about my elder sister?" 

"Aapki ek behen bhi hai?" Draupadi wondered. "Yes, sakhi. I do have a sister," Yashaswani answered.

"What's her name?" Draupadi questioned.

 "Dushala." Yashaswani smirked. 

"Dushala?"

"Yes, Dushala." Yashaswani smiled at the thought of her elder sister. "She was very dear to my Jyeshtha."

"Dearer than you?" Draupadi inquired. Yashaswani's eye widened comically.

 "Maybe. Her vidai was one of those rare days when I saw him crying." Draupadi smiled at her as Yashaswani fixed a fully bloomed lotus on the side of her bun, completing her look.

"What will people say? What will the society say?" Draupadi asked to herself.

"Everyone is bestowed by power of speech, sakhi. They will have their own opinions and will be vocal about it, but it is our duty to always remember to walk on the path of dharma." Yashaswani empathized as she kept a hand on Draupadi's shoulder. Draupadi got up and instantly hugged Vibha. 

"Dhanyawaad sakhi. I can't even imagine what would have happened if you weren't with me," she said, her voice being muffled in the hug. Yashaswani smiled, she could feel a few tears leaking from Draupadi's eyes. Yashaswani broke the hug and looked at Panchali.