A morning to remember

The dispatcher's voice on the phone instructs Fatima to remove Karen's bottoms to inspect the severity of the bleeding. Ma'am, I need you to reach down and tell me if you can feel the baby. Fatima lifts Karen's nightgown and does as instructed. No, I cannot feel the baby. There's just a lot of blood. Fatima says panicked into the phone

"Ok, ma'am. Is she still breathing? Yes, she's breathing. The breaths are faint tho. Ok, ma'am, I need for you to keep her rolled on her left side as best as you can. We need to give the baby as much oxygen as we can. The paramedics have arrived on the scene and will be there in just a second." announced the voice. Fatima is covered in a mix of her own sweat and Karen's blood. Finally, after what felt like an eternity paramedics arrive and take over. They load her up in the ambulance and Fatima follows behind.

Andi and Danni are the first to arrive at the hospital, they see Karen being Rushed in on a stretcher covered in blood, and Fatima following behind on foot. Fatima doesn't see them as she follows behind the paramedics rushing Karen into a room. Andi calls out for Fatima. Fatima! Fatima! What is going on? Why is she covered in blood? Andi notices that Fatima is also covered in blood. Without waiting for a response, Andi rushes towards the room Karen is in but is stopped by a nurse. Ma'am! I'm sorry but you cannot go in there. Andi continues to try to push past the nurse. She needs to see Karen. That's my friend! What is going on? Is she ok? Still blocking Andi from entering, the nurse tells Andi that she must calm down. They are working to save your friend and her baby. Please, I will come to you with any information as soon as I know more. Please take a seat in the waiting area, I will find you when there is news, I promise.

Sabrina! Over here! Sabrina rushes to the girl's sides as Fatima catches her breath. Fatima begins telling the girls all about the events of the evening when it dawns on her that she also has to go upstairs to tell her husband. Andi and Sabrina stay downstairs and await news from a doctor.

Danni goes upstairs with Fatima. She is visibly shaken up. Her adrenaline has worn off. Zac's eyes bulge out of his head when he sees Fatima covered in blood.

Fatima! What happened to you? Zac exclaimed

Fatima is silent. Danni steps forward and begins to speak.

Zac, That's not her blood. When she went to check on Karen she found her bleeding and then she passed out. Fatima helped her as much as she could until paramedics got to her. They took Karen into surgery. That's all we know for now. The other girls are downstairs waiting to hear more.

Fatima. Zac calls out to his wife. She doesn't respond.

Fatima. Zac calls to her again. Baby, please come here. I will get out this bed and come get you.

Zac... Fatima whispered as she slowly walked towards him.

It broke Zac to see Fatima look so small. His heart rate monitor beeped faster with each step she took. His eyes let free the tears he'd been holding back.

Baby, hey. Look at me. Zac reaches for Fatima's hand. Everything is going to be okay. Thank you for being there. I know you did everything you could. Zac squeezed Fatima's hand and pulled her closer. He gently kissed her forehead

Danni's cell phone rings

Its Andi! Danni announced as she answered the phone. "What happened?" Danni listens intently making sure not to miss a single detail. "OK, I'll tell them. Bye"

Danni takes a second to store away her phone. She looks up to find Zac and Fatima staring at her impatiently. '

"Sorry, sorry!" Danni apologizes. They had to deliver the baby Karen is still in surgery and the baby is going to the PICU. Andi said they need to assess her further and that one of us should meet them down there. Sabrina is heading there and Andi is going to stay downstairs and wait for more word on Karen.

Danni, could you do me a favor please? Run to my house and get Fatima a change of clothes.

Before Danni could agree Fatima interjected.

No, I can go change. Danni will you keep him company please? He's going to be a nervous wreck if no one is here to update him.

Before Zac could protest, Fatima was already nearing the door.

Tima! Zac called for her. She stopped and looked back. I Love you, please be safe.

Fatima walks back to his bedside, Kisses his lips. I will. She waves at Danni and walks out the room.