Robin to the Rescue

Andi called Robin on her way back to the penthouse. Over the last five months, Robin and Andi had been spending more time together. They'd decided to see if their attraction to one another went beyond physical. They stopped having sex and challenged each other to explore the heart of the other rather than the body. They meshed so well together that people walking down the street would often compliment them on their relationship aesthetic. They'd become each other's person.

"Hey. If you're finished packing, could you come to my house please? Andi said somberly

"Yea, I'll be there in fifteen. Is everything ok? Sounds like you've been crying." Robin responded

Andi clears her throat. "that's because I have. I don't wanna talk about it on the phone. I'll see you when you get here." Another part of their agreement was that Andi promised to be completely transparent as far as her relationship and feelings went for Gary.

"Ok. I'll see you. Drive safely please"

Andi disconnects the call. She dialed Fatima but got her voicemail. Instead, she texted her

~Hey Fatima. Not in the mood to talk right now but you and I are good don't sweat that. Don't give our boy a hard time. He means well. Lunch on me when I get back from NY.

Love you. Talk to you soon.

By the time Andi reaches her penthouse, she has 15 missed calls from Karen and just as many as Gary. Gary could no longer spy on her from his office since he moved, and he was removed from the "walk-up" list with her doormen. So, short of waiting outside for her to come out, Gary's chances of getting through to Andi tonight were slim to none. Karen knew better. But just to be on the safe side Andi decided to call down to the front desk and remove Karen's name from the list and request that no other visitors be permitted up once Robin arrived.

Robin arrived just as Andi was finishing up with the security desk. She greeted robin with a half-smile.

Robin set his bags to the side and held Andi quietly in a strong hug. Without knowing anything, he knew she needed to be held and to feel safe. So that's what he gave her. They stood in the foyer for five minutes like that until Andi pulled away.

Her favorite thing about Robin was that he could read her like a book. He knew without speaking what she needed and was never selfish. He held her in his grip never growing weak. Even when her own knees grew weak, he supported her through it. And when she came out on the other side of her breakdown, he helped to calm her breaths just by simply breathing with her.

"Thank you. I know that was a lot." Andi said putting space between she and Robin.

"Andrea." Was all Robin said. She knew there was no need for apologies. That was who they were for one another.

"Want a drink?" Andi asks as she walks to the bar. She poured herself a shot and threw it back.

"Sure, but how about I pour the drinks and you meet me in the living room."

"OK" Andi enters the living room and flops down on the couch. Robin follows behind shortly carrying two glasses filled halfway with bourbon.

Robin hands her a glass and places his on the end table beside the couch. He pats his lap letting AndI extend her feet into his grasp. "So, what happened?"

Robin knew that Andi was going to confront Karen about something, but she never said what. The two of them had been in a strange place in their relationship, this much he knew. He was about to find out how bad it truly was.

Andi began recounting the events of the past few days to Robin and he sat there attentively taking it all in still massaging her feet. When she was done, she sat quietly for a response from him.

"Wow, you've had one hell of a week. Good thing we leave for New York tomorrow. You need a reset."

"Who are you telling?" Andi said with her eyes closed.

"How about we let go of all of that for right now? Come on. I have an idea!"

Andi eyes him suspiciously.

"Don't look at me like that. Don't you trust me?" Robin asks with a smile. He reaches out for Andi's hand which she takes, and they head to their undisclosed location.

***** Author's note*****

Thank you all for your patience and support! just a warning.. y'all bout to be pissed with me