Un/invited Guest

++Present Day++

Aaron's phone vibrates. "Hey Karen."

"Hey, you busy?"

"No. I'm just headed to the grocery store. Is everything alright?

"Could you come by my house tonight? I think we should talk."

"Agreed, but could you come by mine instead? I can have a car pick you up." Usually, Aaron would be glad to meet at Karen's place but lately, he'd been trying to establish boundaries for them. He knew that she was only keeping him around to fill Zac's void. At first, he didn't mind, especially since he knew there was a good chance that Zion was his. He was determined to make it work with Karen. Hoping that one day she'd wake up and love him the way he loved her. But now that it was confirmed that Aaron wasn't the father, he knew Karen would be distancing herself further.

"Does 8pm work for you? I'm leaving the hospital now to shower and change?"

"8 Is perfect. See ya then."

Aaron ends the call and continues into the supermarket where he bumps into Gary.

"Hey man, I didn't know you were still in town!" Happy to see each other Gary and Aaron embrace in a bro hug.

"Yea I wasn't supposed to be here but Andi told me what happened with Karen and I stayed to make sure she was ok." Gary said telling a half-truth. He did come to make sure Andi was good, but he stayed to handle an urgent matter.

"Yea man. Stuff got crazy but Karen and the baby are both doing well. How long are you gonna be here for? Let's get a game in!" I need the distraction Aaron admits.

"I'm gonna be here for about 4 more days so definitely, let's make that happen.

"Iight man. Imma head out. Hit me up later" Aaron couldn't quite put his finger on it but Gary seemed a bit off to him. But then again, Gary is always a bit off. That's how they met in the first place. Aaron paid for his groceries and headed home to prepare for the conversation with Karen.

"Zac, the doctor's office called while you were showering. You have an appointment next week. They want to check on your stomach wound and how it's healing" Fatima called out from the couch as she heard him descend from the top of the stairs. The couple decided to stay in for the rest of their day. Fatima was cozy in a crop sweatshirt and matching shorts. Zac was dressed in a pair of basketball shorts, a white tank and house shoes

"Thanks babe. Could you put it on my calendar for me please. You know imma forget." He said honestly.

"I know, it's up there already." She responded shaking her head.

Fatima returned to her phone and the doorbell rang. "expecting someone? She calls out.

"Nah. Lemme see who this is." Zac walks towards the door. "Shit. Hey Ms. Lisa."

"Don't Hey me. You should've known I'd be here sooner or later."

"Ms. Lisa. This isn't a good time. Can you call me tomorrow please."

"Zac, Let her in." Fatima comes from behind Zac and opens the door wide enough for her to enter.

"Here we go!" Zac rolls his eyes and follows the ladies inside. "Ms. Lisa I'm telling you now. Karen better not show up here. "

Fatima offers Ms. Lisa a seat at their kitchen island. "What brings you by? Zac Follows Fatima to the other side of the island and waits for Ms. Lisa to answer.