Prada Louis Gucci

"Hey Brina. You busy?

"Hey Danni, No wasssup?

"I'm going to pick Karen up from the hospital. Wanna ride with me? Maybe the three of us can get some lunch.

"Uhhh. Sure. Ill be home in about 2 minutes."

"Perfect. Ill be to you in 3 minutes. Meet me out front."

" Ok. I will. Actually gimmie a sec I have to run in to use the bathroom and I'll be right back."

"Ok. Hurry up!" Danni commands before she disconnects the call.

"Andi, Where are you? Ive been calling you all day. I need to talk to you. Call me back." Karen ends the call to Andi and calls Danni.

"Danni, have you spoken to Andi today? I've been calling her all day.

"Hello to you too Karen! And yes, I spoke to her this morning. She was in meetings and court this morning and then she said something about a date with turtleneck." Answers Danni

"Oh. Well ok. Ummm can you pick me up from the hospital? "

"Yea, sure. Are you ready now?"

"Yea. Zion just fell asleep. So I'll just go home and come back tomorrow. Plus, I have an update for y'all. He's doing so good!"

"Ok cool. I'm gonna call Brina and see if she wants to come. We can do dinner if you're up to it." Danni offers

"Ummm..let me think on the dinner. I'll let you know when you get here."

"OK. I'm off today so gimmie thirty minutes and ill be there."

Karen ends her call and sits in the recliner next to Zion's enclosed bassinet. All day she's been watching him in amazement as each doctor that visited him sang his praises as a fighter. Not one person delivered a negative report on his progress. Karen was confident that he was going to be coming home to she and Zac soon.

The silence in the room allowed her mind to wander. She smiled off into the distance as she pictures a Sunday afternoon at the Taylor residence.

~Zac is in the living room seated on the couch in front of the television. Football is on the screen. He's wearing his favorite cowboys Jersey. Zion is sitting on his lap wearing a miniature version of Zac's jersey. Karen and Andi are in the kitchen enjoying white wine and talking while Karen cooks. The game is over. Zac is putting Zion down for the evening and Karen and Andi are saying their goodbyes at the door. Zac and Karen retire to the couch where they cuddle under their favorite plush throw blanket and watch the news. The bright glow of the television illuminates the three carat diamond wedding ring on her hand that's resting in the soft grip of his. I love you Zac. I love you too Karen.~

Karen's daydream comes to an end at the interruption of a nurse. "Ms. Mott, Is everything alright?"

Karen hadn't realized the tears falling down her face. She answers quickly swiping the tears from her face. "yes, Everything is fine."

"I know that Zion is doing excellently but this room can sometimes make it feel like worse than what it is. If you'd like, there is a support group for parents of preemie babies that meets in the hospital twice weekly. I can get you the information if you like."

" No. That won't be necessary. I am not sad." Karen takes a deep breath. Those were happy tears. His future is so bright. Our future is so bright. Karen smiles softly.

"Ok. Well if you need anything, Ill be right at the nurses station.

"Thank you."

Karen's phone rings. Danni is five minutes out. She gathers her belongings, blows kisses to her sleeping son and exits.