Game Set

"Get up babe. You've been asleep all day." Zac says nudging Fatima lightly. She slept the entire early part of the day away.

Fatima groaned "I don't wanna."

Sounding like the brat she was Zac laughed "It's 6pm. You have studying to do and you need to feed my babies. Get up. There is food downstairs waiting for you on your desk." Zac pulled back the blankets and tugged at Fatima's shirt trying to get her moving.

Fatima sat up and cut her eyes at Zac.

"What you giving me that look for?"

"Cuz.." Was all she said as she climbed out the bed and into the bathroom.

She came downstairs to find a bowl of assorted fruits, cheeses, crackers, and pretzels. Her desk lamp on and Beyonce playing on low in the background. She smiled thinking about how thoughtful he was. She put on her glasses and got right into it.

"Hey babe." Zac said planting a wet kiss on her cheek. "im bout to head to the bar and watch the game with the guys. Do you need anything else before I head out?"

"You don't want to watch it with me?" Fatima pouted

"Of course, I do, but you need to study. You not gonna be mad at me cuz you waited to the last minute." Zac said making a face mocking Fatima's attitude. "You need anything?"

"No, But please don't forget to cancel the reservation. When you get back we can go over the pics we took yesterday and figure out which one to send to our parents."

"Aht. Focus on school. We can talk about this later" Zac gives Fatima another kiss before heading out the door.

Fatima sat trying to focus on her studies for an hour but could not stop thinking about the pictures of her mother. She walks over to the counter looking for them but can't find them anywhere. Fatima searched in all the drawers and cabinets looking for the photos Until she was distracted by her phone ringing.

"Hey baby girl. How are you?" Her dad asked though the phone

"Hey daddy. I'm good. Just getting some studying done." Fatima lied. As soon as her father's picture appeared on her phone she started to have a panic attack.

"You wanna go to the game with me in an hour? Ya mom canceled on me."

Fatima was a die-hard basketball fan and she loved going to games with her dad. It was their favorite thing to do together when she was in school all the way up through high school. When Fatima left for college, her mother started attending games here and there but it was not the same.

Forgetting for a moment that she was sitting on some major news she gladly accepted. "Of course! Picking me up?"

"Don't I always? Ok baby see you in twenty minutes"

"Oh shoot. Daddy wait... you know what.. never mind.. see you in a few."

" You sure baby?" If youre too busy with school its ok.

"No Daddy, everything is fine. Ill see you when you get here. But I do want to talk to you about something."

They ended the call and Fatima ran upstairs to get dressed after she texted her husband.

~Hey baby daddy lol. Going to the game with my dad. Love you see you when I get back.

Her dad texted her a short while later to let her know he was five minutes out just as she was finishing her makeup. Just as another text from Zac came through reminding her to be careful and have fun. Fatima texted back Where'd you hide the pictures of my adulterous mother btw? And spritzes herself with a few more sprays of her Dior perfume before heading downstairs.

The doorbell rang just as Fatima was turning out the last light. "Hey daddy. I'm ready" she said cheerfully. Fatima was notoriously late so she was extremely pleased with herself.

"What pictures of your adulterous mother?"

Fatima was moving so quickly that she didn't notice she responded to her father's text. She also didn't notice the pale-faced man standing before her when she opened the door.

Fatima's face dropped. "shit!"

"Fatima what are you talking about? What pictures of your mother?" Charles asked with a calm voice.