Ms. Bitch Perfect?

"Karen, why you show your ass like that. That man was only trying to do right" asks Danni still in the store.

"Danni are you kidding me right now? He is treating me like some two dollar hoe! Why does he need a paternity test. That's his son. And I do not care if they're married. That woman will not be coming near my child."

"Karen, did you forget that Fatima saved your life and Zion's? I know you're not going to like this but he's not wrong and you can't blame him for wanting to be sure."

"so he gets to treat me like I was the one sleeping around? And I already said thank you to her. Im not about to be kissing her ass."

"Karen..." Sabrina starts to speak

"No Brina! I'm sick of everyone acting like she's a fucking saint! Y'all know better than anyone what he has put me through! Countless women, countless apologies. I forgave him for them all. And now everyone is looking at me like I am the wrong one just because he so-called moved on with Ms. Bitch Perfect.

The girls stare at Karen in disbelief and confusion as she rattles on.

Karen finally finishes her monologue

Danni takes a beat and then continues. "Let's go. We got all these white people staring at us and shit." Danni says annoyed.

"Yea, I think Danni is right." Sabrina responds

Karen walks off. The girls trailing behind her pissed that their friend is still so in love with a man who that will never return and was never good for her.

The girls are loading into Danni's car when a man bearing a striking resemblance to Preston passes by. Danni turns her head tp get a better look. A sadness washes over Danni as the man turns out to not be Preston. She misses him but refuses to call him. She still believes that he doesn't want to know what it takes to date a black woman. Even that couldn't take away from the love she felt for him. But Danni wanted to protect herself. She had to.

"Danni!" Karen snaps Danni out of her trance. "Can we go?"

Danni rolls her eyes and quietly pulled out of the parking space. She drops the ladies at their respective homes. The ride there was loudly quiet.

The next morning Zac is in their home gym getting a workout in before Fatima's appointment. He has his headphones in and does not hear her enter as he is running on the treadmill. Covered in a plush white bathrobe, she stares at him admiring his physique.

She walks beside the treadmill. He catches a glimpse of her in the mirror just as she was approaching. He stops the treadmill.

"You sure you should be going so hard?" she asks as she hands him a hand towel.

" I promise im not pushing too hard. That was a jog. And besides. You love it when I go hard"

Fatima ignores his comment and stares at him with concern.

Zac steps off the treadmill as he wipes sweat away from his face and neck. "I'm good T. I promise. What time is it? You're up early."

"It's 6:30 but I couldn't sleep and clearly neither could you."

" What's on your mind?" Zac taps the empty seat on the bench where he is seated.

" All of it. But right now. I'm nervous for this appointment."

" Nervous?"

"Yea." Fatima's eyes light up as she begins talking. "I know what the test said. And I know what my vomit has been saying but today we will actually get to see our baby. Hear the heartbeat and it will all be real real."

"Yea. I know what you mean. All night I kept envisioning what she'd going to look like. All I kept seeing was your eyes. Tima if our baby has your eyes, I stand no chance." Zac is chuckling.

"Zac, You don't stand a chance either way."

Zac Stands and brings Fatima up with him. "And I'd have it no other way. Come on. Let's get dressed and get some breakfast on the way."

Fatima smiles and kisses her husband. She's fighting the urge to bring up her truest of feelings. How is going to work with Zac having two babies at the same time. Fatima shook the thoughts out her head, determined to enjoy the day for the beauty that it is.

The two enjoy their shower together and get ready for their day.