Bed Rest

Fatima and Zac were finally resting comfortably in their bed after a long tiring night. Zac has sent out all the "she and the baby are ok" texts and turned his phone on do not disturb mode. Fatima was in the stage of pregnancy that didn't allow her to sleep comfortably without her maternity pillow. Zac hated the thing. It was a big pink letter C-shaped pillow that went under her head, nestled her stomach, and supported her knees and hips at the same time.

"You and this damn pillow! As soon as our baby gets here, I am throwing it out the window!" Zac said playfully with a hint of seriousness.

"Do that and you'll be going right out after it!" Fatima said cutting her eyes at Zac

"Calm down killa it was a joke," Zac said. His hands fumbled in the darkness for a free place on Fatima to caress. His hand landed on her thigh. "Let's get some rest. I am going to take you into the office in the morning to speak to Andi and grab whatever it is you need from your desk. Maternity leave starts now."

"Actually, I was going to ask you to go there for me. I'll call her in the morning. She knows where everything is.

"Ok that's even better. Now, let's get some sleep. I love you"

"I love you too. Goodnight." Fatima said back

Fatima tried as she might for 25 minutes to fall asleep. She could not. She was worried about the baby. Zac could feel her tossing and turning on her side of the bed.

"T, what's up?" he asked sitting up and switching on his bedside lamp.

"I can't sleep." She wined

"What can I do? Want some tea?

"No. drinking anything will make me have to pee every ten minutes. Can you turn on Sanford and Son?"

Whenever Fatima was stressed, she would watch Sanford and Son. Zac never understood the correlation, but it always seems to lighten her mood.

"Sure babe. The remote is on your side tho. Can you pass it to me?"

Fatima hands Zac the remote and she sits up to readjust in the bed.

The intro song plays and a huge smile is plastered across her face. Zac lays back down. But only for a second.

"Babe watch it with me." she pleaded

"Tima I'm exhausted." He opens one eye to see her pouting. "No, T" He said warning her not to start with the tantrum stuff

Fatima didn't say anything. She simply turned to the television with her lip still poking out.

"Four more weeks and... what am I even saying? You were like this wayyyyy before you got pregnant. Bring ya ass over here!" He said sitting up once again so she may cuddle with him.

Fatima laughed and scooted closer to her husband.

"Oh hell no! the pillow stays over there!"

She rolls her eyes at him and tosses the pillow to the side. They make it through the first episode before Fatima has drifted back off into sleep Zac follows.

It's about 7:30 am when Fatima rolls out of bed to go pee. Zac is already in the shower listening to sports radio over the shower speaker.

"Good morning beautiful" he says as she waddles into the bathroom.

Fatima responds with a grunt. She was absolutely not a morning person these days. She brushed her teeth and headed downstairs to make coffee.