One In The Chamber

The room is quiet. Isiah is still holding the gun. His grey sweatshirt is drenched in sweat and he is pacing back and forth.

"Fatima, go upstairs. I need to talk to my brother" Zac says still standing in front of her. Blocking her from his view.

"Zac No!" I'm not leaving you down here with him

"Fatima. Take ya ass upstairs! I am not going to repeat myself." Zac said firmly.

Fatima walked backward slowly until she reached the stairs and began climbing them still facing Zac and Isiah.

"Why must bitches be so hardheaded?" Isiah said nonchalantly

Zac let the comment slide. He needed to talk to Isiah and keep him as calm as possible. "Zay, what's up man? what's going on?

Isiah continues pacing the floor. "This shoulda been me" He stops to stare at Zac for a moment. He continues pacing.

"Zay what are you talking about man? Zac said still trying to keep his composure

"Look man. I need some money. I need 5k and I need it tonight. They looking for me"

"Who the fuck is they?"

"nigga don't worry about it. I need it and you got it. You my big brother right? We family right?"

"Zay.. I don't have 5k to give you." Zac heard through the grapevine that his brother was down bad but he had yet to see for himself. His wife put him out after he lost his job and he spent their savings betting on sports games and coke. His parents must've cut off their golden child cuz why else would he be there.

Isiah lifts his gun again and points it at Zac. "Don't lie to me!"

Fatima was at the top of the stairs out of Isiah's line of sight pointing her gun at him. Zac didn't see her either but he had a feeling her ass was right where she was doing exactly what she was doing.

"You think I just have that much cash just layin around man? And get that gun out my face!"

Isiah walks up to Zac and snatches his chain off his neck. "this will do" he said admiring the jewels still pointing the gun. "better yet. Gimmie that watch too! you owe me!"

Zac kept his fist balled at his sides. "Isiah. I am trying to be chill but you got me fucked up if you think you gonna walk into my muthafuckin house and rob me." Zac said stepping closer to Isiah, closing the gap between them.

Isiah laughed in Zac's face. "Or what nigga?"

Fatima let off a single shot. It whizzed past Isiah's ear causing him to duck and drop his gun. It discharged into a wall behind Zac.

"Or that" Zac said still standing. He Bends down to pick up Isiah's gun. He walked over to his brother and snatched his chain back from him.

"Yo WTF! You gonna let that bitch shoot me? Im ya broher!"

"Zay... Get the fuck out before she really shoots you." Zac said watching his brother cowering on the floor.

"Zac. Im sorry man. I really need that money" Isiah said rising to his feet begging in desperation. "please. Please" He continued to beg.

Zac saw the man standing before him. Isiah was always a weak man. It came as no surprise to Zac to see him in this condition. He put on this "big man" with the perfect life persona, but it was all a front and the people closest to him knew it.

"He can't hear?" Fatima asked sarcastically.

"Fatima!" Zac kept his stare focused on his brother. "Leave." He said in disgust.