Trouble at The Door

Zac and Fatima fell asleep in each other's arms after their shower. Zac woke up to pounding at the front door. He sat up in bed as the pounding got harder.

"What the fuck!" he said throwing the covers off him and jumping out the bed.

Zac's movements in the bed caused Fatima to stir awake.

"What's going on?" Fatima said sitting up

Zac was already halfway down the stairs

"Stay up there. Be right back." Zac demanded as he took the last few steps

Fatima rolled her eyes. "It's always sum bullshit

Zac peered out the window before opening the door he saw his parents getting ready to bang again. He swung the door open.

"What the hell Zac? How can you text some shit like that and then not answer the phone! Me and your mother have been calling you both for the last two hours. Zac's father said as he pushed past

Zac realized he left his phone downstairs and never came back down to get it. Fatima walks to the stairs.

"Babe, is everything ok down there?" she says with her silk robed tied tightly around her body

"Yea babe, it's my parents." Zac responded

Fatima joined the party in the living room standing beside her husband.

"Zac, what is going on? And where is your brother?" his mother demanded

"I do not know where he is. He came here trying to rob me for five thousand dollars, pointing a gun.."

Zac was cut off by his father's curiosity. "Is that a bullet hole in your wall? He said squinting at the wall

"Yea" is all Zac offered.

"he shot at you?" he continued

Zac glances at Fatima. "not exactly."

"I feel like im going to regret this question" His mother chimed in. "What exactly happened then?"

"I shot at him" Fatima responds point blank. "He kept pointing his gun at my husband. So I scared the shit outta him. He left but not without dropping his gun and firing the one bullet he had into wall accidentally." She said pointing at the other hole across the room.

"You....shot at him? This is not making any sense." Fatima's mother-in-law said with frustration. "what happened?

Zac turned to Fatima. "Babe why don't you go get dressed and ill fill them in."

Fatima reluctantly returned to their bedroom and threw on a jogger set and her slippers. She could hear Zac replaying the events for his parents who were audibly annoyed by their youngest son. As she was about to pull her sweatshirt over her head she felt a sharp shooting pain in her stomach that made her shriek in pain. The pain was so sharp that she was forced to grab onto their dresser for support. Fatima waited for the pain to subside before trying to stand. She rubbed her belly as she shook off the shock of the pain. Fatima finished pulling her sweatshirt on and joined the group back downstairs.

She walked in on Zac questioning his parents.

"Why didn't you tell me he was this bad?"

"And what would you have done? You haven't even seen him but twice in the last 6 years!" His mother proclaimed

"And I wonder why that is mom" Zac said throwing his hands up in frustration

"Son Don't be rude." His father chime in

"Rude is me breaking into your house waving a gun at you" Zac said sarcastically

"How about everyone takes a step back? I can make some calls and have my guys keep an eye out for him." Fatima said casually. She looked at Zac for confirmation. He nodded his head.

Fatima turned to retrieve her phone from the kitchen.

"Pop, did anyone call Laya?" Zac asked about Isiah's wife.

"I did. She said she hadn't seen him and that she hopes it stays like that."

Fatima groans and doubles over in pain. Zac sees her and rushes to her followed by his parents

"Baby what's wrong?" he says with concern holding on to her.

Fatima is silent, trying to breathe through the pain. Again, it passes

"Baby what was that? Are you ok? Zac asked

"I don't know. I got one a lil while ago when I was getting dressed upstairs. It's like a sharp shooting pain" Fatima confessed

"Have you been having these pains before?" His mother asks "They may just be Braxton Hicks."

"Probably. Babe, can you help me upstairs please? I'm going to lay down and make those calls."

"Of course, babe." Zac and Fatima walk hand in hand towards the stairs but Fatima only makes it three steps before the pain is back.

"Ok. I'm taking you to the hospital."

"No babe, I'm ok . I just need to lie down. Your mom is probably right. It's probably Braxton hicks" Fatima protest. She just wanted to get back in bed.

Zac ignored Fatima "Pop Can you help me get her on the couch? I'm going to put some pants on and grab my keys"

Mr. Taylor helps Zac get her to the couch. His mom sat down beside Fatima who had silent tears running down her face

"Awww. Don't cry sweetheart. Everything is going to be just fine." His mother says softly wiping her tears.

Fatima hated to admit it but she was terrified. The pain was unlike anything she ever felt.

Zac returns dressed and the men help Fatima into the car.

"Zac, were going to follow behind you." His father announces

"No its late. You two go home. I will keep you posted"

"Zaccccccccc!!" Fatima cries out in pain as yet another shooting pain crosses her stomach.

Zac runs around to the driver side and speeds off. "Ok Baby we will be there in fifteen minutes. Please try to keep calm."

"I'm trying but it hurts"

Zac ran a few lights getting Fatima there who was now sweating bullets.

"Zac said a prayer to himself as he pulled up tothe emergency room entrance."