Keeping Secrets

When Fatima pulls into their driveway she is surprised to see Preston waiting near his truck. "What's he doing here?" she asked Zac.

" I asked him to come help me up the stairs. You're a superwoman but you cannot get me up there and judging how long it took us to get me into the car, I knew I was gonna need him. "

Preston heads towards the pair and greets them. Zac opens his door as Fatima exits from the driver's side. Preston hugs her and fist bumps Zac from inside the car.

"Man stop tryna feel on my wife and get my walker out the trunk" Zac jokes with Preston

"Boy Hush" Fatima answers back at Zac. Thank you so much, Preston"

"It's no problem at all. Oh before I forget!" Preston jogs back to his truck and retrieves something from the passenger seat. When he turns around, he is carrying a bright yellow bunny holding a flower.

He presents the stuffed toy to his friend.

"Oh, You got jokes today. Just wait.. I got you bro!" Zac says laughing. He laughs too hard and the pain is real. Zac grunts and doubles over

Fatima rushes towards his side but he stretches out his arm motioning for her to stop. "I'm good, I'm good"

Preston meets Fatima at her trunk and carries the walker out.

"Ok Zac, let us get you in the house. Fatima's threatening me with her eyes" Preston says half-jokingly and half petrified.

Preston helps Zac get situated on the walker chair before rolling him into the house and carrying him up the stairs. Preston tries to carry Zac down the hall to the bedroom.

"Man if you don't put me down!"

Preston laughs "Ok! Ok!"

Preston places Zac down gently and helps him to lean on him as they walk down the hall toward the bedroom.

­ "Hey Zac, How's Karen doing?

"Aht Aht!! That name does not get spoken in this room. Not my bedroom"

"My bad, Bro"

"Yea. We don't do that up here" Zac Reiterated

"Hey, You want me to bring the walker upstairs, or is it good where it's at?

"Oh definitely bring that upstairs. Yea, imma need that"

Preston heads back downstairs and Zac takes this opportunity to test his strength with a trip to the bathroom.

Preston reenters the bedroom and finds a very slow-moving Zac headed to the restroom.

"Uhhh. Do you need some help?

"Nah I'm good bro" Zac finally reaches the door and stops to take a break. After a few breaths he continues to the toilet and handles business. When he's done, he turns towards their double sinks and washes his hands and reaches down to grab a hand towel to dry them. Zac begins to exit the bathroom when something makes him do a double take near the hand towel. It's a pink box. Zac inspects it further. Clear blue is pasted across the front. Still in a slightly confused state. Zac reaches in and pulls out the discarded test. "Pregnant". Zac can hear his heart beating in his ears. He tries his best to put everything back as he'd found it and exits the bathroom

"Zac, you alight? You look a bit pale"

"Ummm.." there's a long pause. "Yea.. yea I'm good. Look, thank you for today. Imma just lay in bed and rest a little.

"No problem. Call me if you need anything."

"bet"

Preston returns down the stairs and bids farewell to Fatima. Fatima locks the door behind him and heads upstairs to see Zac.